Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is the glass half empty or half full?

Caledonia

Practically Family
Depends on how well I'm focussing at the time of inspecting said glass. Right now it looks like it's working it's way to needing a top up. :cheers1:

Chanfan

A-List Customer
Far-Side.gif

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
I always have a bunch of glasses and cups around that are nearly empty. Because they're not empty, I don't have to wash them. But because they're nearly empty, I can justify getting a new drink. :)

Viola

Call Me a Cab
The glass is half empty. And I don't want any ice, either.

I sleep on my side with my head entirely under the blanket. Best if there's enough blankets no one's sure if there's anyone in the bed, or it just needs unrumpling.

-Viola

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
The glass is either half full or half empty, but it's an extra-dry martini. It's my third, so I just drop some olives in it and then it's full.

I sleep on my side, prefer right side, covers usually over my head and I sleep with a stocking cap on this time of year. There is no heat in my bedroom, so use plenty of covers. I like it that way, makes me think of winter camping.

karol

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Blankets right up to the nose. My cat likes to drape herself over my face while I sleep but I don't like to wake up with a mouth full of fur.

No nightcap, such as that worn by Scrooge, but I do wear a hair net and a thing that looks like a purple tea cozy. Otherwise I wake up with lots of loose hairpins in the bed...

Viola

Call Me a Cab
I actually wear one of those pointy wool ski-hats on especially frosty nights, the kind with the puffball on top.

My younger sister helpfully pointed out that this makes me look exactly like a lawn gnome, but as long as I don't freeze I don't care.lol

-Viola

Harry Pierpont

One of the Regulars
OH! the glass is half empty, I'll be right back ............................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................There that's better!

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Viola said:
I actually wear one of those pointy wool ski-hats on especially frosty nights, the kind with the puffball on top.

My younger sister helpfully pointed out that this makes me look exactly like a lawn gnome, but as long as I don't freeze I don't care.lol

-Viola

No!?
Really? We demand a pic as proof! :D

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I sleep hot, so the window is usually open just so I can justify the top sheet (not tonight though, it's around zero with gusts to 30, I save that weather for camping).

The top sheet which covers my "on my back, arms at my side, unmoving position of attention, sleep posture" (gee, thanks boot camp :rolleyes: ).

Anyway, given what keep nearby when I sleep, if the bogeyman comes for me he best pack a lunch and bring a friend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats