Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is there any low price B6 repro?

zhz

Practically Family
Hi all,

I am looking for a B6 jacket for this winter, my budget is 200-400 GBP, so the Aero, Eastman is not the option for me. The jacket does not to be accurate, but has to be in reasonable good quality and warm. Also, I am size 34-36, so most second hand jacket on ebay does not fits me.

Any suggestions? Thank you.

Davy Crockett

A-List Customer
Noble House in Germany do one for around £400, I have no idea what their quality is like, and it certainly is not accurate, have you tried putting a note on the Eastman notice board to see if you could pick up a second hand one?

D

Plumbline

One Too Many
Aero often have smaller sizes on their sale pages .... equally the B-6 is quite a rare beast and you might be better spreading your search to the D-1 as well ( which can be picked up new for around £5-600.

Sorry can't help further ... cheers

zhz

Practically Family
I've seen Noble House one on their website as well, it looks good, I like the colour, just it is doesnt look like a B6 at all. Thanks
Noble House in Germany do one for around £400, I have no idea what their quality is like, and it certainly is not accurate, have you tried putting a note on the Eastman notice board to see if you could pick up a second hand one?

D

zhz

Practically Family
Thanks. Yes, B6 is rare to find, no idea why, it is a better looking jacket than B3, but seems not much manufactures want to make it. D1 is even harder to find isnt it?

Aero often have smaller sizes on their sale pages .... equally the B-6 is quite a rare beast and you might be better spreading your search to the D-1 as well ( which can be picked up new for around £5-600.

Sorry can't help further ... cheers

Plumbline

One Too Many
In originals yes .. but there are plenty more D-1 makers than B-6. The B-6 is a much more complex pattern ( bi-swing back etc.) ..... and as such fewer manufacturers ....

For a D-1 try ( price is indicated by the £ symbol .. the more the £ the more expensive) :

Aero £££
Alexanders ££
Buzz Rickson ££££
Eastman £££
Lost Worlds ££££
Flightjackets.com £
Noble House ££
Pegasus ££

etc. etc.

One alternative is to look at the B-3 and Irvin done by WPG ( What Priice Glory) which are GREAT value for money if accuracy is not too much of an issue.

Use the sale pages .... that's where the bargains ar to be had .... and ebay is your friend here :D

Big J

Call Me a Cab
In your size, I would suggest having a look at Aero's sale page. A lot of the practice jackets made by apprentices are in the smaller sizes.

Edward

Bartender
Probably less competition overall for used jackets in that sort of size too. The only thing I can suggest within that budget is patience and time on eBay and such. The suggestion of also considering a D1 is a good one. Better to wait for a deal on a used Aero/Buzz/ELC than rush buy something cheaper but ultimately not so good.

zhz

Practically Family
Thanks guys for your suggestions. I think I will keep searching on ebay, and keep an eye on sale pages.
And I agree with Edward that rush buy something cheaper is not a good option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic