Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

It must be raining somewhere, right?!

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
It's raining, it's pouring
The old man is snoring
He went to bed and he
Bumped his head
And couln't get up in the morning

********************:D

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
It's raining...It's pouring...

HadleyH said:
It's raining, it's pouring
The old man is snoring
He went to bed and he
Bumped his head
And couln't get up in the morning

********************:D

Well, here's one SOGGY Irishman and two Soggy Doggies just in from an early morning beach walk!!:eusa_doh:

That fine rain we call "Scotch Mist" which incessantly drizzles and drizzles and soaks! But actually I like walking in the rain. I find it refreshing and cocooning and somehow on beaches, I can have it all to myself (as no one else seems to want to share the rain[huh] ).

I now have a strong, hot mug of arabica coffee (freshly ground beans...yum!!)and a wood fire burning, Casablanca playing in the background, with the rain beating off the window sills outside....ahhhh bliss!!
:D

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
PADDY said:
I now have a strong, hot mug of arabica coffee (freshly ground beans...yum!!)and a wood fire burning, Casablanca playing in the background, with the rain beating off the window sills outside....ahhhh bliss!!:D

OMG! that sounds just soooooo perfect!!! :D

... and here, it's raining again this morning [huh]

dostacos

Practically Family
happyfilmluvguy said:
It's only water.... Water does not fall to hurt you....
rain in LA, ah it never rains in LA, even when it does:eek:

I was at work one day when we had an out of town visitor who FREAKED out over our rain coverage on TV

STORM WATCH... break to a reporter in North Face rain gear talking about the rain while they video a PUDDLE :whistling on our worsted day of rain almost anywhere else would not even bother opening their umbrellas

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Here's what you need!

InvernessCape.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Ah, rain.... you know, something about the human condition that never ceases to amaze me the longer I spend on this planet.... you could stand naked in the rain for days and it do you no harm, the sun will damage your skin (90% of the visible signs of aging are, I gather, directly attributable to sun exposure) and could in the worst case scenario give you a cancer... and yet most folks wrap up from the rain and stay indoors, and go out and expose themselves to as much sun as possible. Funny old world, eh? lol

Me, I prefer the cool and the wet to the scorching heat, but hey ho... Funny I should stumble onto this thread today, I've been thinking about finding myself an old school umbrella for some time. I'd just love something sturdy that would also act like a stick, with a wooden handle... like others, though, I'm just too paranoid I'll leave it somewhere to invest serious money in one. I've not used an umbrella in years... where I grew up on the NE Irish coast, by the time the rain got heavy enough that I'd be bothered with an umbrella, it was inevitably too windy to wield one. That's when I got into hats, really. I did in later years have a nice golf umbrella dad gave me which did get used occasionally in warmer wet weather once I'd moved to London, though an ex-girlfriend (who i suspect never liked it) managerd to lose it twice - the pub recovered it, the theatre didn't. Been brolly less ever since. I did borrow one from a friend a few Sundays ago, carried it everywhere for a day without needing to use it.... then left it somewhere (fortunately it was recovered!)....

PADDY said:
I now have a strong, hot mug of arabica coffee (freshly ground beans...yum!!)and a wood fire burning, Casablanca playing in the background, with the rain beating off the window sills outside....ahhhh bliss!!:D

A bracing cup of Tea Direct's finest is more my speed but otherwise sounds heavenly.... alas, the one big gripe about my little East End flat is the lack of an open fire. Something I do miss.... in an ideal world, I'd have one next an external wall with one of those Baxi grates with the "drawer" arrangement for removing the ashes outside. :)

cookie said:
The Britsh Telegraph is predicting an imminent tsunami of Brits coming across the Atlantic to clean out NYC and anywhere else for that matter.

Quite possibly. Before cristmas a lot of folks were donig that - and the UK Customs folks stepped up hardcore security at arrivals so they could really hit people as hard as possible with import tax.... :mad: Ah, I guess I understand the reasoning for this, but still it rankles a bit on me that I should be charged extra in efect on something I bought legitimately elsewhere - not least when the only reason I would normally think of doing so would be because it's half the price in the US that it is in rip-off Britain! :rolleyes: A couple of years ago they were talknig about upping the personal tax free allowance for goods worth up to a max of GBP1,000 - this would be a very significant step up, as at the minute it's about GBP150. Hopefully it'll go through, though if as many people as seem to start gonig to NYC to do Christmas shopping and whatever, I can see the UK government opposing it.

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
dostacos said:
rain in LA, ah it never rains in LA, even when it does:eek:

I was at work one day when we had an out of town visitor who FREAKED out over our rain coverage on TV

STORM WATCH... break to a reporter in North Face rain gear talking about the rain while they video a PUDDLE :whistling on our worsted day of rain almost anywhere else would not even bother opening their umbrellas

Most places that regularly get rain are more used to it, I suppose. My sister moved to Boston a few years ago, and came back because she couldn't take the heavy blizzards and endless rainy days anymore.

Here, it's not rare but unlikely that it would rain, and everyone just runs for cover before the drop falls on their head and gets them wet, oh no!

A lot of people think it doesn't rain at all here, and when a local tells them it does, they're a bit suprised. [huh]

It's finally started raining, but at a time when I need sunshine!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo