Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"it"

MAGNAVERDE

New in Town
Yes to all of the above. Two of my favorire actors of the period at hand--at opposite ends of the physical spectrum--are Sydney Greenstreet & Gene Kelly. And Richard Conte's suave nightclub owner in "Somewhere in the Night" exudes It before he ever speaks a single line.

These days, there a lot of very talented performers who still don't have It, whatever it is. Others do: Jim Carrey, who has even more of it when he's being himself than when he's being somebody else, Adam Baldwin, who already had it 2O years ago, playing a kid in middle school in "My Bodyguard" & the amazing Eddie Korbich whom I just saw on Broadway in "The Drowsy Chaperone" and ex-Chicago Bear Chris Zorich who practices mass hypnosis on a regular basis. As types, they're all over the place, but that merely demonstrates that IT has nothing to do with elegance or any specific look.

Becky

New in Town
he's got to have "it"

He's the first one that comes to my mind.
10comm12.jpg

Kishtu

Practically Family
Re: earlier posts on Tribbles, can I just say that the cat in my avatar - Miss Valentine von Tribbling - was not harmed in the making of any episodes of Star Trek. (The Trouble with Tribble, you see...)

Back on topic, Peter Cushing. They didn't call him the Gentleman of Horror for nothing. A gentleman, by all accounts, and a *gentle* *man* who had class, dignity, and... um....yes, SA.... in spades.

Monty Clift in his younger days but not his latter years - a little too high maintenance to have "it" in his post-accident years I think.

Mr Vim

One Too Many
I get it... gravITas

There are a few I can think of who had it off the top of my head...

Howard Hughes, JFK, Humphrey Bogart, oh and nearly the entire cast of Mad Men.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails