Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J. A. Dubow W33-038ac1755(11631) A2 - 368th FS Patch

I will get this jacket when I get to London on Tuesday (assuming the immigration lines get me through on Tuesday!). I'll post more and better pictures then, along with pics of my other Dubow.

$%28KGrHqRHJ!4E9qLfmzIOBPhE1-MUI!~~60_12.JPG

$%28KGrHqFHJCME9uF!,Lq6BPhE2QGrfg~~60_12.JPG

Finally!

I finally got some pics of this great, wearable A2. The panels have wonderful grain and crease variation. It seems like it's been resprayed; it feels like there is a finish on the surface, rather the hide being this dark.

368thdubow1.jpg

368thdubow2.jpg

368thdubow3.jpg

You can see some stitch holes under the current patch that suggests there has been a different patch on this jacket before this one.

368thdubow4.jpg

Grain and creasing variation very evident here:

368thdubow5.jpg

368thdubow6.jpg

368thdubow7.jpg

368thdubow8.jpg

368thdubow9.jpg

bk

Last edited:

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very nice indeed Pete. Wonderful grain! Yes it has definitely been re-sprayed judging by the seepage on the edge of the waistband.

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The patch looks like it is made of canvas. There appears to have been an earlier patch on the jacket judging by the stitch holes. I suspect the current patch was applied post War.

There was indeed an earlier patch. The stitch holes of the previous patch are of a circular patch, without the extensions of the current one. I have no info on when the current one was added, but certainly after the respray.

Yes, the patch is made of canvas. About the same thickness of the canvas of an AN6505-1. Maybe a bit thicker

bk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21