• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

J. A. Dubow W33-038ac1755(11631) A2 - 368th FS Patch

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Baron Kurtz, Apr 28, 2012.

1. I will get this jacket when I get to London on Tuesday (assuming the immigration lines get me through on Tuesday!). I'll post more and better pictures then, along with pics of my other Dubow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. aswatland

aswatland My Mail is Forwarded Here

I hope it fits you Pete. I look forward to seeing some decent pics of this last Dubow contract from 1944.

3. I'm pretty sure it's going to fit. The other Dubow I own is a size 36 also, and fits great. I tried on a 34 once, and was stunned by how small it was (generally at size 35, I can wear a 34, but this thing was tiny! Apparently they went down to size 32!).

bk

4. There was no limit to the scrawniness of young Depression kids, as you've no doubt found out to your benefit over the years ;)

5. B-24J

B-24J One of the Regulars

Scrawny and tough!

6. Peacoat

Peacoat Call Me a Cab

Nice. A good find. Yes, please post some pics after you take possession.

7. Good job Baron..........looks great from here.

Regards,
    coffee

8. Finally!

I finally got some pics of this great, wearable A2. The panels have wonderful grain and crease variation. It seems like it's been resprayed; it feels like there is a finish on the surface, rather the hide being this dark.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can see some stitch holes under the current patch that suggests there has been a different patch on this jacket before this one.

[​IMG]

Grain and creasing variation very evident here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

bk

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  9. saucerfiend

saucerfiend A-List Customer

That jacket's a killer! The grain is unbelievable! Hope your enjoying it.

Brian

10. aswatland

Very nice indeed Pete. Wonderful grain! Yes it has definitely been re-sprayed judging by the seepage on the edge of the waistband.

11. SHOWSOMECLASS

SHOWSOMECLASS A-List Customer

What is the material type of the DUI patch. Is it correct wwii era or added later?

12. aswatland

The patch looks like it is made of canvas. There appears to have been an earlier patch on the jacket judging by the stitch holes. I suspect the current patch was applied post War.

13. There was indeed an earlier patch. The stitch holes of the previous patch are of a circular patch, without the extensions of the current one. I have no info on when the current one was added, but certainly after the respray.

Yes, the patch is made of canvas. About the same thickness of the canvas of an AN6505-1. Maybe a bit thicker

bk

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012