Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

James Dean Jacket

Uff Da

New in Town
alfa said:
Heres some pics... of the jacket from Ebay...looks pretty authentic.
anyone know of this replica? I contacted the seller.. with no reply
back...

2125247830104940334MVrxVx_th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

2116078750104940334pwVuLS_th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

2771381280104940334OFEEAb_th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

2056732140104940334QDwTGY_th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I got that exact same jacket off Ebay a few years ago.

SC

New in Town
Reply to Alfa

Sorry for delay. I actually sold my Japanese replica to someone in LA who collects Anti-Freezes. It was the largest one offered and still didn't fit me (I'm a US 42-44). So...can't post any pictures. But I will say if you are persistent about emailing the-king@interlink.or.jp (Japanese manufacturer) - He'll send you one eventually. He even offered to make me a custom size - but I didn't have the $300-400 it would have cost at the time.

As to collar - they made shorter collar versions in 1950s and longer collars in 1960s.

I've been looking for a Navy Blue AF size 46 if anyone has one.

And I have a metallic Green size 46 if someone wants one (similar to the one pictured in this thread)

alfa

Familiar Face
VTG 50's McGregor Red Nylon Anti Freeze Jacket Coat

edit: VTG 50's McGregor Red Nylon Anti Freeze Jacket Coat
for sale on ebay.... 6 days left!

mikeshane

New in Town
Authentic Classic James Dean Red Rebel Jacket in XL and XXL

The James Dean Red Rebel Jacket is available at Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/James-Dean-Red-Rebel-Jacket/dp/B0027UFC3Q

And also here:

http://www.cmgbrands.com/jdeanstore/index.php/apparel.html

Product Description
Made of 100% cotton, this limited-edition red jacket by G-III is hot apparel for cool weather. The jacket zips up, has snaps at the wrist, and sports two slanted pockets. The tan interior features a classic James Dean headshot and the words, "The Original" and "Authentic Classic James Dean." There is also a leather patch with the words "James Dean The Original." Make this simple yet original red jacket yours today! ITEM CAN NOT SHIP OVERNIGHT OR EXPEDITED! SHIPPING VIA UPS GROUND ONLY (NO INTERNATIONAL ORDERS).

Product Features
Sizes available in XL & XXL
XL, usuall fit mens size 38-40
XXL fit mens size 40-42

Peacoat

Bartender
I wonder why it would be called the "Original" if it is made of all cotton. The original had a nylon shell. Am I missing something here? Haven't looked at the site yet; that may explain it.

Edward

Bartender
Peacoat said:
I wonder why it would be called the "Original" if it is made of all cotton. The original had a nylon shell. Am I missing something here? Haven't looked at the site yet; that may explain it.

Maybe they're referring to another red jacket Jimmy Dean wore.... you know, maybe one that wasn't that Rebel jacket, but, eh, another 'Rebel'-type jacket. Or maybe there's a Barnum-descendent in the marketing department? ;)

alfa

Familiar Face
The-king

I was informed by The-King (the-king@interlink.or.jp)
They have a XL jacket in stock, if anyone is interested.
Next production time for size L is in Nov.

Anyone have any new leads? to a replica jacket.
Alfa

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
bruce wayne said:
I have a question for you all. If Magnoli made something like this would you buy one? The reason that I ask is that I have been mulling over the idea for a number of months.

Thanx!!!
Charlie

No. Unless you are James Dean in a movie, most people are going to look like a dick in a shiny red jacket.

However, that said, Mags should be able to do a good one. The key is to get the right type of nylon/satin. It must have a sheen, almost, but not as vivid as that of the nylon of an MA-1. Then there's the fleece lining...

I am surprised that Mags hasn't got one as it must be one of the most commonly requested movie jackets in the world.

alfa

Familiar Face
Replica

I would definitely buy one.... if it was a true replica.
The King one is the closest I have seen..except for the lining color.
all others.. dont really compare. Even my McGregar Anti-Freeze doesnt seem
right.. The weight and feel and material.. is the most important thing.

It would be great to see if Mags can do one to our specs.
Alfa

Edward

Bartender
bruce wayne said:
I have a question for you all. If Magnoli made something like this would you buy one? The reason that I ask is that I have been mulling over the idea for a number of months.

I doubt I'd wear it often enough for it to be worth paying much for one, but sure, if I fell over an accurate, durable repro cheap, I'd wear it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925