Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnny Depp: Fashion Icon (officially)

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Like we didn't already know!

http://entertainment.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981376364

Screen+shot+2011-12-01+at+22.52.09.png

bond

Some are born with class others try to copy it and yet others just try.
He was awesome on the mtv awards sunday night rocking out with the Black keys.
Rock on Johnny!

Edward

Bartender
Even as a child I didn't care for ripped jeans. Not sure why, I just know it was a fashion I always disliked. Perhaps because it was fashionable.

RichardH

One of the Regulars
I like his style, but it's hardly unique though. It's basically just an 80's rocker kind of style, which makes total sense since he moved to hollywood to get into the music business, not acting.

This is Matt Sorum, former drummer of Guns 'n' Roses, he's been sporting this look for ages, and it is pretty similar to Johnny Depp I think.
Matt-Sorum.jpg
ace-harper-matt-sorum2.jpg
sunset440sorum.jpg

bond

As much as I admire Johnny its got to be a lot of work coordinating that look everyday. (Stylist, wardrobe assistant?)
My girlfriend thinks hes more high maintenance than most women, even if his eye liner is permanent.
I still like em though.
A true artist through and through,as tortured souls are always more interesting than ordinary mortals anyway.

Edward

Bartender
As much as I admire Johnny its got to be a lot of work coordinating that look everyday. (Stylist, wardrobe assistant?)

Really? While I think he always looks great, he's no more "put together" than the average Lounger. After a point in time, if you dress a certain way it becomes second nature to the point you don't even have to think about it.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Really? While I think he always looks great, he's no more "put together" than the average Lounger. After a point in time, if you dress a certain way it becomes second nature to the point you don't even have to think about it.

I agree. I, for one, never take off my jewelry. That's half the battle right there.

flat-top

This why I'm a fan. You rarely see a famous Hollywood star like the exact same stuff that you do. And while I agree that there may be stylists involved, I think Johnny's style is all his own.
The Vintage Engineer Boots Blog has documented Johnny's style and his love of vintage:

http://vintageengineerboots.blogspot.com/2011/10/johnny-depp-on-david-letterman-26-oct.html

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy