Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnson Leather Jacket

f2002q

One of the Regulars
Can I tag onto this thread as well? Just got my jacket from JL on thursday, 6oz CXL steerhide. Damon was awesome to deal with every step of the way, jacket was completed right on schedule. Build quality is amazing, im happy they were able to make this happen. View attachment 598369 View attachment 598370 View attachment 598371 View attachment 598372 View attachment 598377

Congratulations, that beast looks bad ass!! Bulletproof for sure!!! Enjoy the break-in process.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
not very accessible to me as i live in London, but this collab they did with haven court looks really cool. i like the drapey shape, spread collar and dropped shoulders

View attachment 598409

I imagine given their magic patterning skills, these drop shoulder jackets are actually comfortable and good to move around in.

I was in a hurry when I dropped by so I didn’t think to try one on.

I’d imagine Alan and Damon could dial you in for sizing.

robinsongreen68

New in Town
This is at least 1 size too big.
thanks for the feedback. i don't think there's any singular metric for how casual jackets should fit. in my own view pretty much all mens clothes- suits, jeans, jackets- got way too fitted over the last ten years or so, to the point where its a cliche now. in the 90s things were much less so and that whole silhouette is current again now (source: every 20something in london/berlin, and seemingly 90% of instagram). not saying im trying to be a cool kid, but i feel the spectrum is definitely broadening out.

Last edited:

KBlake

One Too Many
thanks for the feedback. i don't think there's any singular metric for how casual jackets should fit. in my own view pretty much all mens clothes- suits, jeans, jackets- got way too fitted over the last ten years or so, to the point where its a cliche now. in the 90s things were much less so and that whole silhouette is current again now (source: every 20something in london/berlin, and seemingly 90% of instagram). not saying im trying to be a cool kid, but i feel the spectrum is definitely broadening out.
The sleeves come down past or almost past your thumb. To me that’s objectively too long. But enjoy your jacket it’s a nice one.

AHP91

Practically Family
The sleeves come down past or almost past your thumb. To me that’s objectively too long. But enjoy your jacket it’s a nice one.

Cliche post coming, but here’s a picture of legend JD and how he rocks one of his jackets before the slouchy look revival. Once we learn that it’s not about one particular element, but the overall picture - we are good to go.

Long sleeves, dressed to the nines.
C171D9C6-C6AE-47AD-8B2F-890D7DFC3195.jpeg

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
You´re right about silhouttes changing back to what was "de rigeur" in the 90´s. Not sure that´s a good thing in all aspects, but I do enjoy a little more room in my jackets for sure (one reason being that when you´re skin and bones, everything looks great and seems to fit perfectly, while one is feeling restricted all the time when growing a dad bod...).

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Cliche post coming, but here’s a picture of legend JD and how he rocks one of his jackets before the slouchy look revival. Once we learn that it’s not about one particular element, but the overall picture - we are good to go.

Long sleeves, dressed to the nines.
View attachment 598592

Haha! Apparently, with THAT woman, sleeve-lenght was one of the lesser of his concerns...

TheDonEffect

Practically Family
I might on my camera. I got the last batch though!

@Canuck Panda my second favourite hide at the shop was the standard price cow with a smooth finish. Beautiful look and temper. I would highly recommend that if you’re looking for a solid black jacket.

My first jacket was done with that steerhide, and it's actually really great. Very wearable, very durable, and the jacket just feels like quality. They make their contracted jackets with LEO and such with it, and a ton of actual riding jackets. I then went down the rabbit hole and didn't appreciate it for what it was, gave the jacket to my father in law, and then I re-emerged from the rabbit hole with a whole new appreciation for it only to find out my father in law donated the jacket without telling me -_-. Anyway, I'm kinda kicking the tires in my head on redoing that jacket. Maybe one day when I pop into the store I'll come across something on the rack that just fits right.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My first jacket was done with that steerhide, and it's actually really great. Very wearable, very durable, and the jacket just feels like quality. They make their contracted jackets with LEO and such with it, and a ton of actual riding jackets. I then went down the rabbit hole and didn't appreciate it for what it was, gave the jacket to my father in law, and then I re-emerged from the rabbit hole with a whole new appreciation for it only to find out my father in law donated the jacket without telling me -_-. Anyway, I'm kinda kicking the tires in my head on redoing that jacket. Maybe one day when I pop into the store I'll come across something on the rack that just fits right.

Most of the contract jackets I saw were actually in a more naked, more TFL friendly cowhide. But the smooth shiny top coat one is the same price so that's what I'd go for. My experience is that those with wear will top pretty much anything.

TheDonEffect

Practically Family
Most of the contract jackets I saw were actually in a more naked, more TFL friendly cowhide. But the smooth shiny top coat one is the same price so that's what I'd go for. My experience is that those with wear will top pretty much anything.

Yeah the naked one is the one I had. I like the top coat one too but it is a little more stiff and the color depth iirc wasn't as good. Sigh, hello rabbit hole, we meet again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner