Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnson Leather Jacket

Mysteryo

One Too Many
Man it looks Fan tas tic!!
Hat's off to JL

HUGE Thank You to JL for making this dream jacket come true, words cannot describe my feelings...

View attachment 602635 View attachment 602636 View attachment 602637 View attachment 602638 View attachment 602639 View attachment 602640
View attachment 602641 View attachment 602642

This leather is amazing. Shrunken grain horsehide from Horween. JL sourced this leather. I've seen this leather before used on TM jackets but never knew its source. Thanks to JL for this amazing leather. It's maybe 3.5oz give or take, surprisingly pliable. The shrunken grain is wild, it's got it all, big grains small grains butt grains and all very pronounced.

This jacket pattern is based off the Barneveld Remix, which to me, is really a civilian CHP type jacket. Very good pattern, they know what they're doing. I have two different sizes of this pattern and both are pretty good. There is action pleats hidden behind the mouton panel, great mobility.

Exit jacket, chapter one.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
HUGE Thank You to JL for making this dream jacket come true, words cannot describe my feelings...

View attachment 602635 View attachment 602636 View attachment 602637 View attachment 602638 View attachment 602639 View attachment 602640

This leather is amazing. Shrunken grain horsehide from Horween. JL sourced this leather. I've seen this leather before used on TM jackets but never knew its source. Thanks to JL for this amazing leather. It's maybe 3.5oz give or take, surprisingly pliable. The shrunken grain is wild, it's got it all, big grains small grains butt grains and all very pronounced.

This jacket pattern is based off the Barneveld Remix, which to me, is really a civilian CHP type jacket. Very good pattern, they know what they're doing. I have two different sizes of this pattern and both are pretty good. There is action pleats hidden behind the mouton panel, great mobility.

Just wow! Perfect in every way!

Rugby

One of the Regulars

That's a beautiful hide. Great looking jacket. Now you've got me thinking about CHP and shrunken...

STPmotor

Familiar Face

wow wow wow. incredibly cool sir. love that shrunken horsehide.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
The CHP fits quite slim and has a sharper/faster taper (Y shape). If you go with chest size it is very slim fitting but still works. Very close fitting.

IMG_5036.JPG

IMG_5069.JPG

IMG_5084.JPG

IMG_5097.JPG

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The CHP fits quite slim and has a sharper/faster taper (Y shape). If you go with chest size it is very slim fitting but still works. Very close fitting.

View attachment 602944
View attachment 602945
View attachment 602946
View attachment 602947

This one (WWL-41) is basically vintage (except Buco) sizing, meaning chest measurement + 2 inches = label, so I couldn’t comfortably fit into my normal size. I think this is because the jacket is primarily sold in the Japanese market. So the 44 is 23” pit to pit. Quite a slim fit although the way they pattern the arms gives good movement.

I would expect the M-500 (current CHP/SFPD/OPD issue model) to have more normal sizing.

Straight zip would be my preference and button cuffs, sorta replica of the 1940's version

That model is really cool as well. I checked it out in person.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner