Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just bought a Cherry Highwayman!

Aaronlowe

One of the Regulars
Hey gang,

Just wanted to share my excitement with all of you. I just bought a nice, used cherry FQHH Highwayman on ebay. I've been trying to find just the right used Aero for some time now and when this one came up I took the chance. Not so sure about cherry, but the seller described it as lighter than normal (whatever that means). I guess I'll know for sure when I get it.

Hopefully, in a few days I'll be a member of the club!

Aaron

OneEyeMan

Practically Family
Congrats Aaron.
I also noticed that one on the Bay.
I've never seen the cherry color in person, so please take lots of pic of you wearing it outside.
Hopefully, that'll give us an idea of its true color.
I have a feeling it won't be as "RED" as I'd originally thought.
Lenny

tonypaj

Practically Family
I had a cherry Barnstormer (it was a bit big to begin with, and I went on a diet, it got traded..). Three things, it will be different, you will get comments and stares, and it may stain light colored clothes.

I loved mine.

tonypaj

Practically Family
Aaronlowe said:
It's cherry. Aero makes a cherry as well as cordovan. We'll see.....

Cherry's fine, in fact. It gets darker with wear, and the end result is really neat. I traded mine in for a burgundy LHB, having seen both, right now I'd take another cherry one. But it is not for everyone :)

53Effie

A-List Customer
Congratulations

I was watching that one as well. I just got a new Highwayman for Xmas and I really like it. I am sure you will enjoy it. Looking forward to pictures.

Mike

Aaronlowe

One of the Regulars
tonypaj said:
Cherry's fine, in fact. It gets darker with wear, and the end result is really neat. I traded mine in for a burgundy LHB, having seen both, right now I'd take another cherry one. But it is not for everyone :)

I guess that's why I was attracted to this particular jacket; not everyone will have one like it. It is used and is somewhat broken in, so I have to assume it's a bit darker than when brand new.

The real test is if my wife and 10 year old daughter don't fall on the floor laughing when they see it. If they don't I'll consider it a keeper. :D

jimmer_5

Practically Family
Congrats on joining the Aero club - I bought my Highwayman from the same seller on eBay. He was very good to work with.

I have to admit, my Highwayman has spoiled me - the leather is so nice, and the construction is amazingly solid.

Be careful though, they can be an expensive addiction!

Papa M

A-List Customer
jimmer_5 said:
He was very good to work with.

I love that subtle suggestion that we are all involved in some kind of really serious work in our endeavours to collect a bunch of leather jackets.

My girl-friend is convinced that we are just a bunch of wasters with a bit too much disposable income.

Next time she mentions the subject I will tell her that I am doing this as part of my "work project".

Fiver64

Practically Family
Papa M said:
I love that subtle suggestion that we are all involved in some kind of really serious work in our endeavours to collect a bunch of leather jackets.QUOTE]

Aren't we???:rolleyes: .......... or maybe we are all just misunderstood. Yeah, that's it!

jimmer_5

Practically Family
Papa M said:
I love that subtle suggestion that we are all involved in some kind of really serious work in our endeavours to collect a bunch of leather jackets.

My girl-friend is convinced that we are just a bunch of wasters with a bit too much disposable income.

Next time she mentions the subject I will tell her that I am doing this as part of my "work project".

LOL - I had never thought of it that way! I suppose I have put quite a bit of work into finding "the perfect jacket", etc...... my wife definitely thinks so!

Aaronlowe

One of the Regulars
jimmer_5 said:
LOL - I had never thought of it that way! I suppose I have put quite a bit of work into finding "the perfect jacket", etc...... my wife definitely thinks so!

When you find that perfect jacket/pair of shoes/boots/bicycle/gun, knife/insert other guy toys here, let me know. I'll take ten and sell them on Ebay and probably be able to retire from the profit.

Peacoat

Bartender
Papa M said:

Women can be just as fanatical about their silly shoes. At least our jackets have a practical application.

Edward

Bartender
Peacoat said:
Women can be just as fanatical about their silly shoes. At least our jackets have a practical application.

uhm..... I've always found shoes fairly practical too. Especially in Winter... [huh] lol

Maybe I'm an honourary girl.... some folks seem to think so when they see I have approaching three dozen pairs of shoes at the last count.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy