Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Keira Knightley's Hair in Atonement

RitaHayworth

One of the Regulars
Antonement has just been released down here in Australia - but I am loving Keira's hair in this!!

I have just had my hair cut shorter - and wonder if I can use velcro's overnight to get this sort of look:

james_mcavoy4.jpg

Lothlorien

New in Town
This movie inspired me to cut my hair. :-D I had mid-back length, wavy hair and felt I needed a change, so when I saw Keira's haircut, I immediately made an appointment with my hairdresser. ;)

RitaHayworth

One of the Regulars
Lothlorien said:
This movie inspired me to cut my hair. :-D I had mid-back length, wavy hair and felt I needed a change, so when I saw Keira's haircut, I immediately made an appointment with my hairdresser. ;)

I have naturally curly hair that has just been cut into shape and now resembles something of Keri Russell in season 3 felicity. but I think i can still get rollers into it. Might have to visit the hair product supply shop!

B R A N D X®

Familiar Face
Did you ladies see her in Pride and Prejudice?

I know I'm a sentimental sap, but I watched that movie 3 times in 4 days.....
:eek:fftopic: .......:)

Best Regards,

Stuart

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Dani California said:
I fell in love with the dress in this scene. It's breath taking! If I ever go to a fancy Hollywood party, I am definitely going to find a dress similar to it.

You might have some trouble finding one like that but you could probably make one!

Joli7211

Familiar Face
love KK's hair, it is just slightly shorter than my hair length right now, and I'm trying to figure out how to do it. Especially since it's time that I get just a little trim to keep my hair healthy.

The dress is also lovely, but I'd prefer it in a saphire blue colour... it would better highlight my eyes! :D

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
pretty hairdo

but still pretty sloppy compared to the real way women wore their hair back then. Movie hair always looks too darned clean. It shouldn't be so flyaway.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I thought her hair looked lovely in the film but it seemed a tad too long to me, particularly in the sequences during the war (the tea shop, etc). It seemed odd that they didn't really alter her style as time progressed in the film. But maybe that was a conscious choice since it was a story about memory?

jayem

A-List Customer
That movie inspired me to paint my nails with the moon showing. I love her hair in it, but I will agree it does seem a bit too messy. Loved the gown, as well. Very Harlow of her, don't you think?

Did anybody notice the robe in the scene where shes painting her nails? After I saw that movie I tried looking the bay for an (affordable) silk robe like hers, but alas, no luck :(

RitaHayworth

One of the Regulars
Miss Neecerie said:
ok...I have now warned, and warned a second time to keep it on the hair.

Since seemingly you only read the other posters comments and not mine, theirs will now vanish in regards to anything but hair.

Sorry - didnt mean to start such a sensitive thread :eusa_doh:

Im hoping to see it shortly and get a look at some more looks! Im in love with the film just for its setting!

Was Keira's hair long in this movie? Is it all her hair? I know she had to cut it off after a certain movie because of all the processing it had for movie roles.

Another reason I love the movie Charlotte Gray!

sixsexsix

Practically Family
RitaHayworth said:
Sorry - didnt mean to start such a sensitive thread :eusa_doh:

Im hoping to see it shortly and get a look at some more looks! Im in love with the film just for its setting!

Was Keira's hair long in this movie? Is it all her hair? I know she had to cut it off after a certain movie because of all the processing it had for movie roles.

Another reason I love the movie Charlotte Gray!

I know in the scene in the green dress she is wearing a wig. Someone posted a newspaper article about it earlier, either here on in the livejournal vintagehair community.

jayem

A-List Customer
Smuterella said:
ooh, are there any tricks for this?

Use those french manicure guide strips that you can buy anywhere. I just place them in the location there my moon is (or should be on some nails) and paint above. Make sure to let the paint dry completely, or when you pull off the strips some of the paint will come off too. Do about three gloss top coats to even out the texture when the color is done.

Meggan_Lane

Familiar Face
Sorry, Off the topic of hair!

The dress in Atonement is actually being called one of the greatest dresses in the history of film! It is desired by many and is being made for different price ranges and one can buy a close match, supposedly, for under three hundred on two online locations!

Interesting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner