• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Leather Trucker Levi's / Lee / Type-whatever jackets!

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Monitor, Oct 15, 2017.

1. jonesy86

jonesy86 Practically Family

It was the ice cream?

2. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

This one is seriously nice. Proportions look great!

technovox likes this.
  3. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

They were kind of tacky random MC patches. Like the Vanson House model B but tacky. The dream was somewhere in Japan.

4. jonesy86

Actually looks kinda nice, if not confused. Biker, Fighter, or Trucker? Fashion! We are the goon squad and we're coming to townl beep beep.

https://www.motolegends.com/jackets/helstons-gang-leather-brown-jacket.html

Screen Shot 2017-11-14 at 12.14.36 AM.png

None of the gangs in Oakland are wearing this, this season. :)

Monitor and Edward like this.

5. I'm guessing the name sounds better - or maybe has different connotations - in French. The badge eyelets on the left breast pocket flap are what suggests a police jacket to me. Nice design either way; I like what I've seen of Helstons.

6. Attached Files:

jonesy86, tmitchell59 and ProteinNerd like this.
  7. I remember GoodWear sending me a “sample” leather jacket to check the material &
    determine if this is what I really wanted.
    I thought that was pretty cool of Jim Chapman.

8. jonesy86

The Helston Cannonball Leather Rag Black is interesting looking and on sale 49% off for $332.

Cannonball Leather Rag Black.jpg

Not much information on sizing, information on what kind of leather, or many pictures on their web page.

http://www.helstonsjacketuk.com/mot...lstons-cannonball-leather-rag-black-p-10.html

Anyone know more?

Thanks,

9. jonesy86

But we at the lounge call him JC, but not the one who walked on water.

Monitor likes this.
  10. jonesy86

Just kidding :)

11. jonesy86

Anyone seen any old GAP leather trucker "jean" jackets? Couple on the bay, not much info on type of leather, or what the tag sizes actually measures. Just looking for a beater at this point.

Thanks,

12. Can't comment on sizing as I've never tried one on. Helstons make good stuff, though - I'm told they're a huge name in France, on par with Lewis in the UK as a classic bike gear company, though their style is more 'modern classic'.

I rather like the CB myself; I've been considering the RAW denim version for the Summer, but the leather one I see on discount sales a lot at present (I'm guessing it has sold less well - I don't seem to see the denim on sale). It does appeal to me, even though I'm not normally a fan of leather jean-jackets.

Unique to the Helstons Cannonball is that the windflap studs fasten it beside, not over, the zip. Afaik, the idea behind this is so that the rider can easily on the go (and with gloves) slide the zip up and down, allowing ventilation to flow through between the buttons, but easily closed up again at the next lights.....

Recently a friend had on what looked like a really nice jacket in the vein of something like a Lewis Corsair or an Aero Original 59er Highwayman. Turned out to be one of those GAP leathers from about twenty years ago. Wasn't quite on the level of Aero, Lewis et al, but still very acceptable - say if Wested made a Highwayman from a mid-weight cowhide. Certainly a jacket I'd wear, and ideal as a 'beater' too.

13. technovox

technovox Practically Family

I pulled a GAP suede trucker jacket off ebay a while back. It was a total piece of garbage...ended up sending it back.

14. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

I have a Gap denim trucker with fur. It's decent but too long. But I still wear it a lot...

15. jonesy86

Got home from work and look what was sitting on my doorstep.

Attached Files:

El Marro, ProteinNerd and technovox like this.
  16. jonesy86

Technovox put it up on the thread Monday afternoon. Gave me a great deal on it. Didn't have time to drive over the bridge to pick it up. He popped it in the mail, and Wednesday, I have a vintage orange label bit E, in beautiful condition. My first suede jacket. I think it was built for me.
    I think it's pretty cool.

Thanks man.
    IMG_3779.JPG

17. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 One Too Many

Here is my new, humble Lee reversible trucker jacket. I had not seen a Lee in leather. This must be 70s with the teardrop Talon pocket zippers.

DSC01915.JPG

DSC01917.JPG

DSC01918.JPG DSC01920.JPG

DSC01923.JPG

DSC01927.JPG

DSC01928.JPG

And of course a full Video portrayal

Attached Files:

El Marro, navetsea, ton312 and 2 others like this.
  18. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

It's a really cool jacket, Terry! The wear on both sides is spectacle in itself but that's the true natural hide for ya. I love it how the pocket stitches on one side are decoration on another. Literally two jackets. They couldn't think of that one anymore... I'm glad it was the thread that made this one happen! :D

El Marro and tmitchell59 like this.