Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather Trucker Levi's / Lee / Type-whatever jackets!

technovox

One Too Many
That's an extremely cool jacket! Great. Now I want this one too. I'm not a big fan of suede when it's new but it nonetheless ages perfectly. Those darkened lines at the creases are just too cool, like old denim. Awesome jacket!

RRL:
download.jpg

700.jpg
I've seen a few of the RRL Truckers online, but never in person. How is the quality on them? And where are they made?

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I've looked at few jackets on aliexpress, didn't know about taobao. Thanks. You gotta wonder about some of this stuff. Who knows, maybe some of it ins't half bad? I still say we start a cheap jacket thread.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've looked at few jackets on aliexpress, didn't know about taobao. Thanks. You gotta wonder about some of this stuff. Who knows, maybe some of it ins't half bad? I still say we start a cheap jacket thread.
I think ton bought a shawl collar leather jacket from this manufacturer. He posted comment and photo in another thread. From what I have seen in photos and in person, most of them are made with upholstery grade leather. Sizing can be tricky.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here

RMF308

One of the Regulars
Do any of the leather trucker manufacturers make a jacket with an inside pocket? I tend to need one to store my phone, and order all my Aeros with them.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Your knowledge about the language is very cool. Maybe someone can zoom in on the photo and tell if it is goat. I think goat is more pebbly, no? I know even less about upholstery. There has to be some good stuff coming out of china, don't you think?

Maybe some of this stuff would be ok, after the Japanese bucket and rope vintaging technique?

Seriously, can you get anything half way decent from one of these Chinese web pages? Anybody know?

Those Taobao ones are nice looking! Ton312 had one of those Chinese copies (which is what I assume these are) of Japanese copies and it was one helluva nice jacket.

Do any of the leather trucker manufacturers make a jacket with an inside pocket? I tend to need one to store my phone, and order all my Aeros with them.

Levi's of course and Vanson. Aero, if you specify and I think LW does it by default too. Schott as well. All of them, I think?

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
OK, gotta have riveted buttons, hand warmer pockets, an inside pocket, and be halfway decent for a real cheap price from one of these web pages. I bet we can figure it out.

Now sizing, that may be harder. I bet I gotta have a 4XL

Your knowledge about the language is very cool. Maybe someone can zoom in on the photo and tell if it is goat. I think goat is more pebbly, no? I know even less about upholstery. There has to be some good stuff coming out of china, don't you think?

Maybe some of this stuff would be ok, after the Japanese bucket and rope vintaging technique?

Seriously, can you get anything half way decent from one of these Chinese web pages? Anybody know?

The Chinese have been making jacket since forever and high end made in China jackets are as good as anything else on the market. Case in point, RRL jackets. You can even find Chinese made, no name cheapos that easily outclass some of the premium brands. Problem is, there are a lot more crappy ones, made of badly tanned leather or split hide or worse... Still not as bad as Japanese nylon jackets they've been peddling a few years back. Now for some reason, Japanese jackets are considered to be end all be all which is... Silly.

Goat is distinctively pebbly, a bit stretchy and spongy (tho that doesn't always need to be the case) and tough as nails. It can be very heavy and thick. Pigskin... I dunno, I've heard bad things about it. It's easily identifiable due to large, sparse pores. It's rarely as glossy as cow/horse hide (but that too depends on the tanning) and supposedly it doesn't last very long.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Ton
What is this? Where is it from? Do you know where I can find a decent trucker jacket with riveted buttons, hand warmer pockets, and an inside pocket from one of the Chinese web pages. I heard you bought a shawl jacket from a Chinese web company. Got any tips?

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Aero sales page just listed 13 leather trucker jackets in various sizes, colors and cofigurations...go get em!

(I grabbed the 48” already :))

Holy God, this... As if it's been made for me. I need this!
91659edbf64715e9_JJ006.jpg

Wish I could move something fast enough for it... Anyone interested in a Schott CR? :D

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner