Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lewis Leathers Super Phantom No.443

Few daylight photos of my jacket. It's probably the cleanest and most moto practical jacket from LL. Those two vertical chest pockets are a life changing experience! Huge pocket bags, thus easily accessible even when you're on a bike... Just no hustle with them, unlike with hand warmers or the ever useless chest pockets. Short in the front, long back, padded. Does it all.

GraceNote13

One of the Regulars
I love your jacket great pictures, I agree on the pockets totally useable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
For me, padded leather jackets look good if you are an actual rider and, therefore, have a need for the padding, but look poser-ish (is that a word?) if you are not a rider. Its kinda like the rich dude wearing the $1,500 ski jacket around Aspen even though he doesn't ski. Even my J-100 occasionally elicits inquiries about a motorcycle. Again, if you're a rider, a padded jacket is a good look. I gave up riding after a nasty accident and, therefore, do not wear padded jackets.

willyto

One Too Many
For me their logo just ruins every jacket they make. I believe there is no need for that logo to be there and definetely not in gold.

Super, I agree, but this sort of padding is a joke, really, and no serious motorcyclist will actually consider this foamed padding to be anything more than a design feature. Which it really is. I guess the idea was noble back in the days when proper moto armour wasn't yet being properly utilized, but nowadays it's just there for a look. It became quite popular in fashion jackets and TBH I don't even see it as a 'moto' feature anymore... You gotta admit that the padded RMC J-100 looks very cool! :)

Benproof

A-List Customer
It is sooooooo sooo close to being the perfect LL jacket!

Still a great jacket, which I almost ended up with too. Just the split back halves messes it up for me.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I can see it now, for the next 10 years. Someone posts a pic of their new jacket, everyone starts saying how nice it looks. Monitor just posts a pic of this jacket with no text..../end thread lol

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Monitor, here are a few more pics. For fun I added a picture of a few jackets lined up in my closet to show the grain difference. Left to right LL Steer, Horween Steer Over dye, Lost Worlds FQHH, Aero Horween CXL FQHH. The LL leather is really supple and thick it's about the same thickness as my comp weight Vanson. It definitely has a lot of grain showing and doesn't look plasticy like others have mentioned about LL jackets. The last picture left to right is Vanson leather, LL Steer, Horween Steer.

Don't shoot me I posted them full size to show the grain as best as possible.

View attachment 44789 View attachment 44790 View attachment 44791
View attachment 44792

That's nice! Is that Aero Cordovan or brown?

GraceNote13

One of the Regulars
Thanks Carlos, the Aero is Cordovan.

If you want I can put my brown aero next to it for comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GraceNote13

One of the Regulars
Carlos, here is that picture you requested comparing the cordovan to brown FQHH.
IMG_2338.jpg

Some more photos of LL Phantom after some more wear. I've really been wearing this jacket a lot. It's just a fantastic jacket and one that I grabbed most often when going out. Especially when I have to carry lots of stuff. There's tons of room in those pockets, the jacket is warm, waterproof... Just awesome.

That is one of the coolest looking jackets I've ever laid eyes on. Seriously that hits every single bullet point on how to make a bad ass Leather jacket. The blue (wool?) around the collar against the red lining and black leather is a feast for the eyes man. ******** it. Where can I get one??? The newer stuff just doesn't look half this good.

Reactions: RJR

Mickiemac

One of the Regulars
Sporty looking jacket - the transformation is amazing. I've always liked the quilted leather areas on this type of jacket and the lining is just my cup of tea - red and quilted!

I could never wear a jacket like this (at my age anyway) but it suits you in fit and appearance very well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo