Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Limited Edition Himel Bros avail. at Orvis?

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
20% off now I see.

Well, from the reviews on there at least two people did, but both weren't that happy.

Last edited:

Dickie Teenie

A-List Customer
the closer the holes to each other, making the leather weaker, and combined with thin strong thread in a tension it would be as sharp as cutting wire... it has a bigger potential to cut the panel on the seams like ticket/ coupon cutout line.
lower stitch count further apart from one to the next, and bigger thread which is obviously more round and blunt, is much safer to the leather.

This is looking like a job for the Mythbusters to do some testing!

I have a Thedi Trucker wallet, 15 stitch count per inch thru 2 pieces of 4/5 oz. leather. Holding up fine after lot's of stress, 15 is a lot of stitches so I was curious about this issue as well.
I hand sew thru 2/3oz. Herman Oak tooling leather and love the crisp sound when pulling the thread, Herman Oak has quite a temper though, softer leather is more likely to tear.
Carry on with Himel talk guy's.

Last edited:
That hole left by the button popping off is a shame. The leather in that reviewers pic actually looks much more appealing than the photos Orvis provided. I can't help but think that this reviewer, at 6'3" and 280lbs... a bespoke jacket might be in order.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Even at 6ft 3in, 20 stone suggests he's a big old unit. By my reckoning, that's a size 50++ FQHH jacket he'd need!
massivelyhuge.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner