Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for 1950s American Service Station Hat

Lord Brett

New in Town
Sorry, it's the best description I can give. It doesn't have to be an original, a repro would be fine.

Here's a photo of The Clash to give you a better idea of what I'm looking for:

clash460.jpg

DougC

Practically Family
Can't help...well, maybe...Meyer the Hatter in NOLA may have one. I'm pretty sure they have a white and black one. AND, glad to see another Clash fan!

Lord Brett

New in Town
Ah yes, cab drivers! In fact, that's what occured to me when I first saw the picture. Meyer the Hatter's site looks amazing, but perhaps a bit rich for my blood. I'll have to look in Camden Market the next time I'm in London.

TipTop

Practically Family
Texaco gasoline was a sponsor of BIG prime time shows in the early 1950s days of TV, and in their ads--"You can trust your car to the man who wears the star"-- they always had guys with a policeman-style hat, with a red Texaco star (actually Texas state star). The one linked here is early 60s is modified to include the entire logo, but the point is you may want to search "Texaco cap."

Lord Brett

New in Town
Sorry I missed out on the replies to this thread, as I've been away for the weekend at an annual event where we visit sites where British 1960's TV shows such as The Avengers were filmed.

Wow, some folks really wanted that hat - the bidding ended at $51.51.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24