Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Los Angeles and Orange County areas: Free Portrait of YOU in Vintage!

Who Oughta Be in Pictures?

• Mr. Lucky

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Short Clara

• FedoraGent

• sweetfrancaise

• Rondo Hatton

• Total voters

FedoraGent

One Too Many
Please do vote for me...

Folks,

Please do vote for me as I'd like for a nice vintage picture for Magneto and I to have when we send out wedding invitations for the big day. It will also, be prominently displayed in our front room on the mantle for all to see. I would very much like this, as I can no longer have Mr. FilmNoirPhotos up in the Bay Area do it...he never responded back to me a few months ago...so here is my lucky chance. :)

Pleading,

FedoraGent

P.S. Magneto has agreed to be in the pics...and she HATES having her picture taken...so this is a great time to take it.

ShortClara

One Too Many
Vote ShortClara!

D’oh! Better plead my case!

*Ahem* ShortClara is a fine upstanding citizen (well, as upstanding as a 5’1” person can be.) She has harangued friends into taking pseudo vintage portraits of her, but her friends’ goodwill is not limitless, and she gets a little embarrassed by having to repeat the question, “Do I look like Clara Bow yet??” to a person who doesn’t know who that is.

She would like these pics as a memento of what she looked like in her swinging days pre-childbirth, so she can point them out to her snotty teenagers and say, “Look, Mom was hot!” and they can say, “Geez, Mom, you were lame even then!”

Also, they might be used to try to further her career as an actress, which is hard enough people so please??!

She thanks you for consideration, and would like to thank the little people, which is basically herself.

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
*This is my advert, with a nod to ShortClara and FedoraGent, as fellow entrants and for their inspiration for my little write-up!*

After a shy start, SweetFrancaise has little to show for good pictures. She has a tendency to get a bit flustered in front of the camera, but recently realized that she can take a good picture, if she relaxes.

In a quest to find good, flattering pictures, she has asked many to take photos of her, and with good results. She has yet to find the perfect picture, however. Most who are close to her look at the pictures and say that she was "born in the wrong era" and "needs to grow into her age", but perhaps all they mean is that she hasn't yet taken the perfect photograph, with the perfect camera.

Whoopie!

MrNewportCustom said:
I must've had a good day the day I found it in that pawn shop, and actually had the cash in savings to not only purchase but to have it repaired. I've wanted one for as many years as you've been alive, so don't worry, I have no intention of giving it up. ;)
I shoulda oughta had left work at the smut mill a few years ago to score a twenty dollar working Speed Graphic off Craigslist. My old Leica is just around the corner, somewhere, yeah, with that Mauser .25...
Rondo is nowhere near as cute as the competition, but he is thrilled to be looked over and in the running. He has only one suit, linen, but hey, it's a warm November. Vote early and often, like drinking.
Thank you all.

FedoraGent

One Too Many
My gosh...

RondoHatton said:
I shoulda oughta had left work at the smut mill a few years ago to score a twenty dollar working Speed Graphic off Craigslist. My old Leica is just around the corner, somewhere, yeah, with that Mauser .25...
Rondo is nowhere near as cute as the competition, but he is thrilled to be looked over and in the running. He has only one suit, linen, but hey, it's a warm November. Vote early and often, like drinking.
Thank you all.
My gosh, I'm in the running and even "I" would vote for this cat.

FG.

ShortClara

One Too Many
Boy, I'm getting trounced! I can't compete with two FLers in the picture or engagement pictures! Or maybe I'm just not as popular lol lol lol

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
Please vote for me...

Because...AH, HELL! Vote for FedoraGent, he's got a wedding coming up and a vintage photo would look good on the invitation.

Lee, thanks for the thought. Very kind and very appreciated.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
You are very generous, Mr. Lucky. (You've also given me an out on not voting, but still monitoring the results!) :D

I'm giving the camera another test during the Thanksgiving holiday. I'm heading to Sedona, Airdizona, where my sister lives. I'll be taking my bike,too, so that I can ride 'mongst the red rocks and pine trees and take some pictures. :)

Lee

Get the vote out! :)

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
And the Winner is . . .

I know you're all sitting on your hands in anticipation, with a worm on your tongue, sweating bullets, jumping up and down with excitement (or maybe you need the bathroom - first door on the right), waiting for me to announce the winner. Well, our winner, with an astounding SIXTY PERCENT of the votes, a result better than most recent presidential candidates, is a fine gentleman and his future first lady:

:fedora:FedoraGent and his Fiancee!:fedora:

:arated: :D :pizza: :beer: Congratulations to both of you!! :coffee: :cheers1: :cool: :eusa_clap​

Lee

FedoraGent

One Too Many
Thank you!!!!

Folks,

Thanks to everyone that voted for us! I know Magneto and I appreciate it. I'll be contacting Lee soon and we'll get together for the photo shoot.

Thanks,

FG.

MrNewportCustom said:
I know you're all sitting on your hands in anticipation, with a worm on your tongue, sweating bullets, jumping up and down with excitement (or maybe you need the bathroom - first door on the right), waiting for me to announce the winner. Well, our winner, with an astounding SIXTY PERCENT of the votes, a result better than most recent presidential candidates, is a fine gentleman and his future first lady:

:fedora:FedoraGent and his Fiancee!:fedora:

:arated: :D :pizza: :beer: Congratulations to both of you!! :coffee: :cheers1: :cool: :eusa_clap​

Lee

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
I just spoke with FedoraGent (through his candlestick phone :)) with the lovely Magneto by his side, and I'll be photographing them this Sunday afternoon. Pics to show up shortly thereafter. :)

Lee

FedoraGent

One Too Many
Some pictures taken with my cheapo Digital Camera.

Folks,

These were taken with my cheapo digital camera and not the fabulous Hasselblad camera that Lee has.

IMG_0449.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0451.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

IMG_0447.jpg

IMG_0446.jpg

IMG_0444.jpg

More to come.

FG.