Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Worlds J23 Initial Review

At some point in time, a pj-27 will be under my tree. I've sworn off anymore crosszips but naturally I went LW's site after seeing this post...and that fire got lit. Again. Was hoping Stu would pop off a summer sale last year but it didn't happen. I bought my first one this way and it was a decent chunk of change I saved.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Ok here's more photos as requested. If Terry asks - we simply have to comply! :)

First a few goofy fit photos --
DSC_0088.JPG DSC_0092.JPG
DSC_0089.JPG

And then some without me in it...

DSC_0099.JPG
DSC_0105.JPG
DSC_0102.JPG DSC_0107.JPG DSC_0108.JPG DSC_0110.JPG

These small pockets are a little odd, not sure if they were part of the original design or not. In any case, lined with cotton and more functional than not having them. Thanks for looking, maybe we'll see more of these around this site soon. :)

Edward

Bartender
View attachment 97801

These small pockets are a little odd, not sure if they were part of the original design or not. In any case, lined with cotton and more functional than not having them. Thanks for looking, maybe we'll see more of these around this site soon. :)

They're commonly called "pillion pockets", the theory being they were placed at the right place for a pillion passenger to slip their hands in to keep them warm while the bike is in motion. Some Buco jackets and others had them, some had only one at one side, with a long pocket across the back (some riders would slip a newspaper in there, I'm told for 'insulation'??). A lot of them were simply access to the interior of the jacket, with no pocket bag at all.

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
They're commonly called "pillion pockets", the theory being they were placed at the right place for a pillion passenger to slip their hands in to keep them warm while the bike is in motion. Some Buco jackets and others had them, some had only one at one side, with a long pocket across the back (some riders would slip a newspaper in there, I'm told for 'insulation'??). A lot of them were simply access to the interior of the jacket, with no pocket bag at all.
Well I just learned something....Thanks Edward

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ok here's more photos as requested. If Terry asks - we simply have to comply! :)

First a few goofy fit photos --
View attachment 97793 View attachment 97794 View attachment 97795

And then some without me in it...

View attachment 97796 View attachment 97797 View attachment 97798 View attachment 97799 View attachment 97800 View attachment 97801

Hand warmers for passengers. Badass!

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Good information there on those pockets Edward. Not worried at all about the crease - thanks Mendel

As for the "too baggy" that's pretty far from any reality. It takes signifigant work to get it zipped as is, any tighter would be simply too small. Even fitting a sweatshirt under it isn't going to happen soon. That's the only downside, as in Iowa with 10F temps and 30-40 mph winds, we have to consider practicality. As for zippers, they offer plenty of other models.

Good information there on those pockets Edward. Not worried at all about the crease - thanks Mendel

As for the "too baggy" that's pretty far from any reality. It takes signifigant work to get it zipped as is, any tighter would be simply too small. Even fitting a sweatshirt under it isn't going to happen soon. That's the only downside, as in Iowa with 10F temps and 30-40 mph winds, we have to consider practicality. As for zippers, they offer plenty of other models.

It's seriously not baggy. Not even close. Aside from being the best fitting, it's also the slimmest one you've got.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21