• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Lost Worlds J23 just arrived.

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by gtrplyr, Feb 14, 2018 at 12:15 AM.

1. gtrplyr

gtrplyr Familiar Face

It's been quite the journey searching for a cross-zip style jacket. I was just about to give up when I decided to order a Lost Worlds J23. It is a stock size 46 (most of my jackets are 42 or 44), in 3.5oz Horsehide with the larger #10 main zip. Overall, I think the jacket fits really well. I love the antique brown collar. I didn't order the belt when I ordered the jacket trying to save a few bucks but I may end up ordering it.

Attached Files:

Dickie Teenie, seres, Bfd70 and 19 others like this.
  2. thor

thor One Too Many

Awesome jacket! Bring on the Zombie Apocalypse!!!

Peacoat, Edward and gtrplyr like this.
  3. Hh121

Hh121 One of the Regulars

Stuart suggests to size up to 46 and it is now became little loose (with only t-shirt)after broken in, I should keep 44.

4. sweetfights

sweetfights Practically Family

Splendid fit. Superior jacket! Looks great.
    Wear in good health
    Congrats

gtrplyr likes this.
  5. ton312

ton312 My Mail is Forwarded Here

IMG_8427.GIF

Monitor, AeroFan_07 and gtrplyr like this.
  6. navetsea

navetsea One Too Many

what... it's just arrived and the sleeve almost full broken in... and another jacket broken in .... has the unbreakable purple horse gone extinct?

Monitor, gtrplyr and Hh121 like this.
  7. ton312

Never! IMG_8428.GIF

Monitor, AeroFan_07, navetsea and 2 others like this.
  8. TREEMAN

TREEMAN Practically Family

Great fit......

gtrplyr likes this.
  9. gtrplyr

gtrplyr Familiar Face

Thanks everyone! I have been going back and forth on the fit. I wonder if I should have sized down but my wife says this looks good. Sounds like everyone agrees that the fit is good.

oneterrifichog and AbbaDatDeHat like this.
  10. ton312

Fit is perfect. I think you could size down for a t shirt only fit but this fit allows you to get a thin layer under it. These are cold weather jackets. You should have a bit of room for that. Splendid man. And the brown mouton collar is the cherry on top.

gtrplyr likes this.
  11. gtrplyr

gtrplyr Familiar Face

This is the 4th cross-zip that I’ve attempted to do a detachable fur collar on. This by far is the nicest looking. I couldn’t ask for more style / appearance wise. I’m really happy with this jacket. I should have ordered the belt. Gonna contact Stuart and order one.

12. Looks like a good fit to me.
    Congrats
    HD

gtrplyr likes this.
  13. red devil

red devil A-List Customer

Definitely looks like a good fit :)

gtrplyr likes this.
  14. Vezio

Vezio New in Town

Beautiful jacket and in the right size. Going down a size you couldn't even breathe!
    The jacket is perfect in back length, in sleeves length and in shoulders width.
    I think you should also buy the belt, to complete the style of the jacket. Otherwise you would always have the feeling that something is missing!;)
    Congratulations.:)

AbbaDatDeHat, gtrplyr and 2wheelgrplr like this.
  15. 2wheelgrplr

2wheelgrplr A-List Customer

What everybody said. Fantastic jacket, looks great on you. Size smaller might prove too tight for you. In the pics looks like you only have a button-down shirt on? With a sweater or something on, you'll thank the extra room. And with the mouton collar, this is your cool-weather jacket, man! Finally, go ahead and get that belt!!!

gtrplyr likes this.
  16. Mysteryo

Mysteryo A-List Customer

MET, AbbaDatDeHat and gtrplyr like this.
  17. Peacoat

Peacoat My Mail is Forwarded Here

A top notch jacket with a good fit. You did well.

gtrplyr likes this.
  18. gtrplyr

gtrplyr Familiar Face

I greatly appreciate the kind words and the in-put regarding size. It seems like everyone who sees me in the jacket agrees that this is the right size. I never thought I'd ever spend this much money on a jacket (I saved for quite a while and it was a tough pill to swallow), but I am glad I decided to purchase it. LW's J23 is just stellar looking, and the 3.5oz HH doesn't feel like it's going to be that tough to break it. I wore it on the couch last night while watching television for about 90 minutes and then I noticed this morning that the sleeves are already getting just a touch of wave in them from the creases. I think this is going to break in nicely! My biggest regret is that I thought of purchasing a LW J23 years ago (when they were cheaper), but I tried other manufacturers trying to save a few bucks. In the end, I sold those jackets and got the J23 anyway. Should have just bought it right away... LOL!

19. red devil

red devil A-List Customer

That shouldn't be a regret... because getting these other jackets was a good way to find out what you liked. If anything you like this jacket even more because of this past experience :)

El Marro and gtrplyr like this.
  20. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 One Too Many

gtrplyr - this is Randy who bought your J106 in your Avitar. I have a Size 44 of the same J23 in 4OZ FQHH. It's amazing but it's taking it's sweet time to break in. I sometimes wish I had gone for 3.5 OZ, but it shoud not fall apart for sure. Only issue I've had is the zipper "feels" a little weak. Could you take close ups of the zipper in yours? Mine may have to go back for an upgraded zipper...thanks

Excellent work and the J106 still gets some use as well. :)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018 at 10:55 PM