Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Worlds jackets.

Pdxgeo

A-List Customer
Yep, it's a LW. I am working on breaking it in. Curious as to how long it will take. I'm not even sure how old it is.

flaminggroovy

New in Town
Yep, it's a LW. I am working on breaking it in. Curious as to how long it will take. I'm not even sure how old it is.

A 18 yrs old LW downtown.....superb quality
I have a 1/2 belt HH Aero jacket..but LW jackets are the best

Attachments

• IMG-20150916-WA0006 (1).jpg
    IMG-20150916-WA0006 (1).jpg
    300.7 KB · Views: 2,750
Last edited:

flaminggroovy

New in Town
It's a matter of taste ...(from a LW admirer)
I wonder why ppl are so anxiously want their brand new jacket artificially looks worn out/vintage
No method is spared such as soaking in water. If you are looking for such a jacket maybe it is better to buy one at a vintage shop or flea market.
I am now talking about LW jackets and coats. In the beginning they are very stiff and make those typical cracking sound and... they are heavy. These specific characteristics of LW leathers are caused by the quality of the material (processing etc..)
A leather jacket is like your second skin and the new jacket will become flexible after sometime (just be patient...!!). Treat the leather with wax or shoeshine every 6 months.
I have 2 downtown HH coats, a size 40 en 44 while my size is 42R..
The 40 (alpaca lining) , I wear it over a wool shirt...and for freezing temperature the 44 (satin lining) over a wool pullover and shirt.
The suburban (40) I gave it to my brother with the agreement never to sell it without my approval...!!

For the rest..I have no comment on other brands....!

Roma

A-List Customer
I wonder why ppl are so anxiously want their brand new jacket artificially looks worn out/vintage
No method is spared such as soaking in water. If you are looking for such a jacket maybe it is better to buy one at a vintage shop or flea market.
I am now talking about LW jackets and coats. In the beginning they are very stiff and make those typical cracking sound and... they are heavy. These specific characteristics of LW leathers are caused by the quality of the material (processing etc..)
A leather jacket is like your second skin and the new jacket will become flexible after sometime (just be patient...!!). Treat the leather with wax or shoeshine every 6 months.
The 40 (alpaca lining) , I wear it over a wool shirt...and for freezing temperature the 44 (satin lining) over a wool pullover and shirt.
The suburban (40) I gave it to my brother with the agreement never to sell it without my approval...!!

+1 on LW jackets. I'm an LW admirer but it's a very personal thing. Heavy leather with little color choice is not a common requirement, but to me those are the things I need in my leather jacket.

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here

If you are a 42R. How was the Suburban 40 fitting you?

flaminggroovy

New in Town
If you are a 42R. How was the Suburban 40 fitting you?
sorry ..sweetfights....I was talking about my downtown coat
the Suburban was good for summer...with only a tshirt under it...but still a bit tight (that's why I gave it to my youger brother).
But the quality is outstanding..no doubt about it.....

I dont like tight fit jackes or coats....they should be easy to wear.
And I prefer thick leather like those of LW's...because I wear it everyday. It's like your second skin.

The Ryder jacket in Olive would be great...

Bern1

One of the Regulars
Have a Raider in Olive (sateen cotton), love it. Great spring and fall jacket.
I really love all of Stuart's jackets I've ever had, even the ones that didn't fit quite right. They are all masterpieces. I have never seen anything in any Lost Worlds jacket that is not top notch.

Yeah, I can see how some may not like the heavy leather and/or the finish of some, but the quality of the four I've bought (for me and son) have all been outstanding. That last plaid deadstock Peacoat I got my son is beautiful.
I guess like certain things in life, it's an acquired taste.

Reactions: RJR
Yeah, I don't get it either. LW have a heavily dyed painted-like finish and Aeros are infused with oils and fats that certainly don't normally require any type of conditioning until after years of wear. Yet somehow many think that just isn't enough (?).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24