Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

These are not my dogs. They belong to different breeders. They are absolutely beautiful animals & represent some of the best of the breed in my opinion.

Louisiana Catahoula Leopard -- red leopard
2u9gylf.jpg

Blue leopard
2vn1e6w.jpg

Young pups
2jbusfd.jpg

Love those dogs, Jack. We have a few around here and it's always a pleasure to see them. Very unique.

Love those dogs, Jack. We have a few around here and it's always a pleasure to see them. Very unique.
I always feed a good 4-5 star kibble to my dogs & give them good healthcare but 3-4 Saturday's a month I would take Cochise out & get him a plain cheeseburger (he knew that word, too) & sometimes in the summertime he would get an ice cream cone from Sonic. When he died in his sleep just a few months short of his 15th birthday it nearly broke my heart, and for the longest time I blamed myself. Even though he lived beyond his full life expectancy really, I kept thinking that if I hadn't given him cheeseburgers & ice cream he might have lived a while longer. It broke my heart so it took me 2 yrs before I even considered getting another one. And when I brought her home I swore to myself no more cheeseburgers or ice cream cones!

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I always feed a good 4-5 star kibble to my dogs & give them good healthcare but 3-4 Saturday's a month I would take Cochise out & get him a plain cheeseburger (he knew that word, too) & sometimes in the summertime he would get an ice cream cone from Sonic. ...

We had a toy poodle named Mystee who got her own cheeseburger when the in-Laws went to McDonald's. She also answered to Tubbs, no idea why.

Later

Catahoulas are trail hounds aren't they? Those are some pretty puppies, sure enough. I've never seen one in the flesh. I guess that's what I get for living on the PacCoast.
They are herders usually used to herd cattle & other domesticated animals, & to hunt wild hogs. They are different than other heelers in that they turn the animal by herding from the front instead of nipping at the hocks. They come by it naturally.

They also have fully webbed digits on their paws and take to water naturally like a Labrador. Having only a single coat I don't let mine get in cold water during late duck season.

In some of my posts I occasionally speak of the "kid" and since this is National Autism Awareness month, this seems appropriate. I'm often amazed at the connection between special needs kids and animals. This is Jess on the couch with LJ, our JRT mix. All the dogs here have a special bond with Jess and she with them.
CIMG1394.JPG

In some of my posts I occasionally speak of the "kid" and since this is National Autism Awareness month, this seems appropriate. I'm often amazed at the connection between special needs kids and animals. This is Jess on the couch with LJ, our JRT mix. All the dogs here have a special bond with Jess and she with them.
View attachment 48806
Sweet picture, Greg! Animals apparently have a way sometimes to get thru that shell the kids often seem to have.

Oldsarge

One Too Many
As a midrange Asperger's I can relate. I always got on better with animals and small children than I did with people my own age. Hard thing to grow out of but it can are done. Admittedly I still have a huge fondness for dogs and little kids . . .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland