Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M.C. Gannon Hat Company

Good way to beat the Monday blues:

29087bf9eb66d1697e8685397134f6ad.jpg

I went with Granite beaver. Should be here by the end of the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice. But I must point out that you are making my wait very hard. I still have over a month to go before Mike starts on mine.

Hey, I got in line in November and told Michael that I wanted a place for in his queue for four (4) hats. He’s already working on my next in steel for me. I’ve been wanting my own Gannons since I first saw @moontheloon and @Short Balding Guy photos. And I blame @Redfokker for my incipient Northwest addiction. I’m going to need a second job if this keeps up.

Hey, I got in line in November and told Michael that I wanted a place for in his queue for four (4) hats. He’s already working on my next in steel for me. I’ve been wanting my own Gannons since I first saw @moontheloon and @Short Balding Guy photos. And I blame @Redfokker for my incipient Northwest addiction. I’m going to need a second job if this keeps up.
I feel your pain brother!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good way to beat the Monday blues:

29087bf9eb66d1697e8685397134f6ad.jpg

I went with Granite beaver. Should be here by the end of the week.

The natural and the granite are spiffy! I love the natural colored leather sweat. I take the hat off. I turn the hat over, look at the mix of textures and materials then turn it crease side up put it down and walk away satisfied.

Gorgeous work and choices DH and MG!

Scuttle

One of the Regulars
Hey, I got in line in November and told Michael that I wanted a place for in his queue for four (4) hats. He’s already working on my next in steel for me. I

Very cool! I'm now in queue for my own first Gannon, Granite or Steel depending on in-hand color samples and ongoing comparative pictures here. I already know there will be a second, in one of the browns-- natural or pecan (with whiskey the outlier). I'll dial in the second hat's specs after receiving the first.

I am looking forward to all your pictures. :)

Any and all images from others are welcome in the meantime. :cool:

[Shout-out to @Short Balding Guy for all his efforts in this thread to date.
N4sBzrQ.gif
]

~ S.

Scuttle

One of the Regulars

It i'nt Tuesday, yet!

Sharp hat. :cool:

I just read this elsewhere, and thought I'd bring it here for follow-up:
My new granite was not the color I was expecting. I like it, but not the hat I had in mind.

Did you receive color swatches ahead of time? Michael described the granite as having brown undertones, but it really has to be seen in person to understand what that means-- and I'm sure different batches of dyed felt can present with some variety...?

Ever since today's mail arrived with color swatches from Michael, I've been walking around the house putting 'em against known hats, me, furniture, cats, you name it.... But mostly against hats:

Color swatches = Whiskey, Pecan, Natural, Granite, and Steel.
f0EZKRQ.jpg

Hat colors, from top left: Stetson True Blue, Stetson Navy, Stetson Caribou, Akubra Cruiser Gray, Akubra Carbon Gray (looking nothing like they do the naked eye!)

Whiskey, Pecan, and Natural on Navy, Granite and Steel on Caribou:
HxmOWn8.jpg

(All colors are Darker and Different than they appear in this image!)

~ S.

Scuttle

One of the Regulars
Another view:
uZGElfP.jpg

Whiskey, Pecan, Natural, Granite, Steel; from top left, Stetson Caribou, Stetson Tawny, Akubra Carbon, Akubra Moonstone.

1) It's clear I can't go wrong, in color choice(s) for my Gannon(s).

2) Once we come to the point of choosing ribbon color(s), my head might explode.

~ S.

Another view:
uZGElfP.jpg

Whiskey, Pecan, Natural, Granite, Steel; from top left, Stetson Caribou, Stetson Tawny, Akubra Carbon, Akubra Moonstone.

1) It's clear I can't go wrong, in color choice(s) for my Gannon(s).

2) Once we come to the point of choosing ribbon color(s), my head might explode.

~ S.

At some point I just agree to trust Michael. I like being involved in some of the decisions, but I’m also all for letting an artist take the big picture and make it his own. He won’t give you a bad hat. I have a steel in the works right now and I’m thinking about one more...maybe bone?

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It i'nt Tuesday, yet!

Did you receive color swatches ahead of time? Michael described the granite as having brown undertones, but it really has to be seen in person to understand what that means-- and I'm sure different batches of dyed felt can present with some variety...?

Ever since today's mail arrived with color swatches from Michael, I've been walking around the house putting 'em against known hats, me, furniture, cats, you name it.... But mostly against hats:

f0EZKRQ.jpg

Hat colors, from top left: Stetson True Blue, Stetson Navy, Stetson Caribou, Akubra Cruiser Gray, Akubra Carbon Gray (looking nothing like they do the naked eye!)

HxmOWn8.jpg

~ S.
Can’t see going wrong with any option. I have a natural and a granite. Granite is my winter hat and the natural is my go-to spring hat.
Have fun choosing
Johnny

It i'nt Tuesday, yet!

f0EZKRQ.jpg

HxmOWn8.jpg

~ S.

Hey, just got the “it ain’t Tuesday yet” comment. I checked the USPS tracking five times a day and saw that it was delivered early. A detour of 40 Miles was all it cost me to get it early. The more I look at it and handle it the more I like it. When I first opened the box I wasn’t sure about the color but now I’m fully onboard.

Hey, just got the “it ain’t Tuesday yet” comment. I checked the USPS tracking five times a day and saw that it was delivered early. A detour of 40 Miles was all it cost me to get it early. The more I look at it and handle it the more I like it. When I first opened the box I wasn’t sure about the color but now I’m fully onboard.

I like it. Let's see a picture that is more true to color. Making a decision myself.

I won't go so far as to say it's my favorite Gannon - that's a tough call - but I sure grab my granite thin ribbon pretty often when I walk out the door.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran