Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M.C. Gannon Hat Company

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
What a great collection of fine hats. I am drawn, especially, to the Silvermist. What color ribbon is that, Eric, and what shades of clothing do you tend to pair with this hat? I have silvermist/burgundy and silverbelly/navy hats because they look fantastic but find myself lost when picking out clothes to go with my hats. :confused:

Fed; I understand completely the quandry of color coordination. My choice is to choose match (closely) or to contrast as long as the hat is in the appropriate color range warm-cool. EG: The silver mist felt is cool and can go into the warm range with a warmer toned ribbon.

i-RR9wFnf-M.jpg

i-qZGcpBq-M.jpg

i-tmBghMH-M.jpg

i-zxcsBpr-M.jpg

To my eye the blue/gray ribbon can go to warm-blue and cool gray. The two most recent hats I have ordered, silver belly & granite, have a charcoal ribbon so that they can work both warm and cool color pallets of attire.

The above said I am changing even now. I have taken to wearing more caps than I had ever in the past due to weather, work and choice. They have been teaching me to accept the head gear as a piece of "kit" that does not have to coordinate with the given outfit. We have all seen the caps that both in shade and pattern challenge our sense of matching. But yet it works.

The most important is to wear the hat not let the hat wear you. Be confident and all will be good. Last week I had a meeting downtown with sponsors and wore a light gray suit and a brown Stetson Whippet. I got lots of compliments. Stood proud and confident and no one spoke to the color challenge.

The Gannons worn with pride will coordinate with the attire you choose. Best, the possible delusional at times Eric -

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Michael just emailed me some pictures. I am very excited! :D

Gorgeous hat! I totally see why you choose this colored felt and ribbon - excellent. We have all seen pics of Chamuco and the hat looking "tall and proud" in public in the hat that was your inspiration. I admire his wearing attitude and dare I say - yours.

Wear it proud and tall sir. Best, Eric -

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Eric, thanks for the advice and photos! Six months ago, I would never have ordered a flashy stunner in black cherry or silvermist... My tastes have evolved fairly quickly here at the FL!
This place changes a man ... I mean that in all seriousness

I've watched it happen to everyone who has joined after me and I saw it happen to myself

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
We emailed almost 40 times. I changed my mind on felt color and raw brim over the course of those 8 weeks.
This right here speaks volumes to the customer service that Michael is always willing to offer

and think about it ... During that time he was also answering me and probably 10 or 15 other people as well

He always remains appreciative and pleasant ... Something I couldn't do under those circumstances

What a great collection of fine hats. I am drawn, especially, to the Silvermist. What color ribbon is that, Eric, and what shades of clothing do you tend to pair with this hat? I have silvermist/burgundy and silverbelly/navy hats because they look fantastic but find myself lost when picking out clothes to go with my hats. :confused:

Just make sure your socks and underwear match your hat, and it's all good.

I've watched it happen to everyone who has joined after me and I saw it happen to myself

This is true. We become a little more...adventurous? Some days I get up and I just want to wear "That Hat." Then I figure out what might go with it. I'm not sophisticated enough for all the fashion subtleties. I just try not to look like I'm trying too hard, LOL.

This right here speaks volumes to the customer service that Michael is always willing to offer

and think about it ... During that time he was also answering me and probably 10 or 15 other people as well

He always remains appreciative and pleasant ... Something I couldn't do under those circumstances

Shoot, with my two previous purchases and now the one I'm awaiting, I only have about 20 emails in my Inbox from him! I shall endeavour in the future to be more indecisive.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up

I agree 100%. It also changes the way people think of you, generally for good, as far as I know. My friends and colleagues at work always look to see what hat I'm wearing. Yesterday was a 2 hat day, and that started conversations with 2 women who are asking me about hats, and getting hats for their husbands and fathers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80