Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M.C. Gannon Hat Company

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I would like to introduce my new Gannon Wanderer in granite beaver felt. The granite felt is a chameleon in its ability to pair with my attire. Excellent warmer felt color choice.

i-NKckfNP-M.jpg

i-Z82swT4-M.jpg

Delivered, just as I asked is a lighter weight granite felt bound and ribboned with a charcoal colored ribbon. The wind-cord is a charcoal match. The contrast is just right for me. I like the way it can push the casual hat to a bit more formal edge. I asked for the brim to snap down and the flange to be "flatter." With some use the brim will snap down a bit lower just the way I like it.

i-2z7nk7x-M.jpg

It has a taller crown. The taller crown is no way close to some of the skyscrapers that are loved by other Gannon fedora lovers. This hat crown is taller than a vtg. Stetson Whippet by an 1". I like the 30's crown appeal. My more moderate crown is a nod to my short stature.

Recently I responded to a post on the Wear thread on the forum regarding wind cords. This hat I asked for the wind cord as I find I use them. Certainly it is not high fashion when they are dangling off the brim by the side of your face into your jacket. I give up fashion to keep my hat. The winds have blown my hats into roads, creeks, lakes, yards and into mud. Wind cords when needed work. After finishing a walk by the windy lake the wind cord goes on the hat body ready for the next occasion and I can continue my days travel. I share this not intending to sell you on a wind cord, but rather to suggest the utility for me works well and is an important consideration.

i-dLSWdVW-M.jpg

Tasteful interior. I like the brown leather of the above sweat. Simple initials are as much embellishment that I desire. The white liner just gives a classy, clean interior.

Thanks for taking a look at my new Gannon fedora. I love this Gannon iteration inspired, not copied, by the vtg. Stetson Wanderer.

Best, Eric -

Last edited:

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
looks fantastic Eric !!!... just really great color combo

I love the granite felt ... extremely versatile and wonderful for this time of year

I've had my granite about a year and it has really softened up wonderfully over time ...

I always love your pics and I share your passion for these great fedoras made by our friend Michael

your photos always inspire me greatly

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
looks fantastic Eric !!!... just really great color combo. I love the granite felt ... extremely versatile and wonderful for this time of year. I've had my granite about a year and it has really softened up wonderfully over time ...I always love your pics and I share your passion for these great fedoras made by our friend Michael

Thanks Anthony. Like you the felts continue to soften. They actually get better with time. My charcoal Gannon, 1st, has stood soaking rains and snows and is actually better than day 1. Amazing. The hats should be taken care of, but wear them and do not fear them.

I look forward to more shots of your most recent hat. The brim and features are intriguing.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Anthony. Like you the felts continue to soften. They actually get better with time. My charcoal Gannon, 1st, has stood soaking rains and snows and is actually better than day 1. Amazing. The hats should be taken care of, but wear them and do not fear them.

I look forward to more shots of your most recent hat. The brim and features are intriguing.
I have not taken it off yet ... I want to put up pics constantly but fear boring members with the same old hat
:)
I love this hat ... it is actually on my head as I type this

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
A big thanks to Gannon Hats for the fine hats. I appreciate being a client.

I would like to share a Gannon Hat family pic.

i-c48WhgW-L.jpg

(L-R: Front row - Silverbelly, Charcoal, Granite. Back row - charcoal w/fray, silver mist, moss green)

A sunny, cool 45'F morning here in Minnesota. The lighting is not terrific, but it is an opportune moment.I hope you enjoy the family picture.

Best, Eric -

RJR

i-c48WhgW-L.jpg

(L-R: Front row - Silverbelly, Charcoal, Granite. Back row - charcoal w/fray, silver mist, moss green)

A sunny, cool 45'F morning here in Minnesota. The lighting is not terrific, but it is an opportune moment.I hope you enjoy the family picture.

Best, Eric -
WOW!

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here

i-c48WhgW-L.jpg

Best, Eric -
Wonderful family picture Eric!

My first Gannon should be going on the block soon, I can't wait!

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Man, I'm going nuts. I've got 3 hats coming in October, another one in November and a 5th hat for December. I'm about played out! (in a good way) :D

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I would like to introduce my new Gannon Wanderer in granite beaver felt. The granite felt is a chameleon in its ability to pair with my attire. Excellent warmer felt color choice.

i-NKckfNP-M.jpg

i-Z82swT4-M.jpg

Delivered, just as I asked is a lighter weight granite felt bound and ribboned with a charcoal colored ribbon. The wind-cord is a charcoal match. The contrast is just right for me. I like the way it can push the casual hat to a bit more formal edge. I asked for the brim to snap down and the flange to be "flatter." With some use the brim will snap down a bit lower just the way I like it.

i-2z7nk7x-M.jpg

It has a taller crown. The taller crown is no way close to some of the skyscrapers that are loved by other Gannon fedora lovers. This hat crown is taller than a vtg. Stetson Whippet by an 1". I like the 30's crown appeal. My more moderate crown is a nod to my short stature.

Recently I responded to a post on the Wear thread on the forum regarding wind cords. This hat I asked for the wind cord as I find I use them. Certainly it is not high fashion when they are dangling off the brim by the side of your face into your jacket. I give up fashion to keep my hat. The winds have blown my hats into roads, creeks, lakes, yards and into mud. Wind cords when needed work. After finishing a walk by the windy lake the wind cord goes on the hat body ready for the next occasion and I can continue my days travel. I share this not intending to sell you on a wind cord, but rather to suggest the utility for me works well and is an important consideration.

i-dLSWdVW-M.jpg

Tasteful interior. I like the brown leather of the above sweat. Simple initials are as much embellishment that I desire. The white liner just gives a classy, clean interior.

Thanks for taking a look at my new Gannon fedora. I love this Gannon iteration inspired, not copied, by the vtg. Stetson Wanderer.

Best, Eric -
Is that sweatband as wide as it looks?

Man, I'm going nuts. I've got 3 hats coming in October, another one in November and a 5th hat for December. I'm about played out! (in a good way) :D
I know about what you speak! I have 3 hats in transit and one early in the new year. They were supposed to be spaced apart so I could enjoy each one on its own terms but circumstances have 3 all at once. It is tooo exciting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari