Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M.C. Gannon Hat Company

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Good evening folks. I received pics of the finished hat this weekend.

The whiskey beaver felt and charcoal trimmings works well! The ETA is sometime this upcoming week.

New hat day coming soon! Best wishes to all, Eric -

Is it me , or does that Hat resemble the Hat Howard Hughes wore in the photos of the Spruce Goose ?

hk1cockpithowardhughestb4%5b1%5d.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Is it me , or does that Hat resemble the Hat Howard Hughes wore in the photos of the Spruce Goose ?

hk1cockpithowardhughestb4%5b1%5d.jpg

Distantly. The bound edge on the Spruce Goose is wider ribbon. Debate here on the form has ranged from Whippet to other model and makers. Art Fawcett made a tribute hat that was really spot on quite some time ago.

IMO, he was a wealthy man and could afford to have many hats. Pictures of him show different ribbons on brown hats. Lots of folks, in that time, wore leather jackets or Ricky jackets and brown hats.

Heading out to check on the spruce (canadian) goose. Back later, Eric-

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Here's my Gannon #2. Granite felt & charcoal ribbon

Congrats Andrew! The wider ribbon is very sharp on the granite felt. Darn sharp. I imagine you can wear that hat paired with oodles of stuff from your closet.

I like the granite felt tons and the charcoal ribbon allows it to be worn with cool colored attire easily. The granite by itself can pair with warm. A versatile hat combo.

Love the hat!

My hat....similar........

i-nwrGwG4-M.jpg

Wear your new hat with pride Andrew. Best, Eric -

andrew_AU

A-List Customer
Congrats Andrew! The wider ribbon is very sharp on the granite felt. Darn sharp. I imagine you can wear that hat paired with oodles of stuff from your closet.

I like the granite felt tons and the charcoal ribbon allows it to be worn with cool colored attire easily. The granite by itself can pair with warm. A versatile hat combo.

Love the hat!

My hat....similar........

i-nwrGwG4-M.jpg

Wear your new hat with pride Andrew. Best, Eric -

Thanks Eric. Yes, I'm very happy with the hat. It's going well with a navy blue suit today.

Your hat looks terrific too. The wind trolley is a classy touch.

Andrew

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up

The whiskey beaver felt and charcoal trimmings works well! The ETA is sometime this upcoming week.

Absolutely beautiful Eric!!!

Here's my Gannon #2

Granite felt & charcoal ribbon

596C0AC1-99B8-4019-B604-D412F6E95373_zpsk8kei8ns.jpg

Beautiful hat
Beautiful crease

Just lovely

You should throw it in the crease thread ... it is really great

andrew_AU

A-List Customer
Gorgeous Gannon, Andrew! I really like the crease you have on it, too.
Thanks Fed.

For some time I was reading this thread with a mix of admiration and envy until I finally ordered my first Gannon.

Now I have 2 Gannon's and I still read this thread with a mix of admiration and envy.

There are some amazing Gannon's out there.

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up

That's a beautiful hat Eric, need to baptize it with a shot of Glenmorangie on the rocks, and I mean rocks, those little pieces of granite that you freeze and use instead of ice !!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
That's a beautiful hat Eric, need to baptize it with a shot of Glenmorangie on the rocks, and I mean rocks, those little pieces of granite that you freeze and use instead of ice !!

Whiskey stones. The stainless steel ones work best.

Thanks guys. Hats and now whiskey! Jeepers whats next the sports car to drive to the liquor store! I need to take yet another job.

Truth, I will have to look into trying a "sipping whiskey." I am curious about the recommendations here and on the drinks and hat thread.

Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner