Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Marsille Jacket Anyone?

Blitz190

New in Town
I've been looking for a "Marsille" style flight jacket and only found two places that sell them. Pegasus and Noble House. I've heard that noble house's quality is terrible but it's a lot cheaper than the Pegasus jacket. I was wondering if people had a chance to own one?

(Sorry that its pretty bad I'm new here)

Will015

Familiar Face
What size are you? I have a size 40 by Pegasus that I've been thinking about letting go. The fit just didn't end up being quite right for me. As far as quality of leather; It's not the heaviest leather on earth, but the grain/feeling of it is nice and it's not uncomfortable to wear like some new horsehide can be. That said, I would definitely not consider this a motorcycle jacket at all. The stitching/construction is pretty spot on. I personally wish I went a size or two smaller in the torso with an inch or two added to the arms. If you have any specific questions about the jacket, feel free to ask.

I've personally never seen a Noble House jacket so I can't comment on them.

Blitz190

New in Town
Honestly I don't really know my size...I haven't been looking for too long. And also the one thing is the other zipper pocket wasn't on the original jacket was it?

Will015

Familiar Face
There is a thread somewhere here dedicated to Luftwaffe jackets though not all the double breasted variety. I really have no idea whether there was a zippered pocket on hans' jacket however the style of jacket predates the Luftwaffe pilots wearing them. From what I understand the style was originally a civilian French motorcycle jacket. It also appeared to be common during the spanish civil war. They seem to be made with any amalgamation of pocket design. Some of them even had 4 zippered pockets.

I'd reckon if you were to measure the circumference of your chest at 40-43", depending on how slim a fit you wanted, the size 40 pegasus could work. You can google how to measure for a mens suit or jacket. It's a good thing to know.

Blitz190

New in Town
In truth I would try to get any style "luftwaffe" jacket at a low price (preferably under $300) and the Pegasus jacket is around $900 but it's quality looks great. So I'm still torn.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
From what I understand the style was originally a civilian French motorcycle jacket. It also appeared to be common during the spanish civil war. They seem to be made with any amalgamation of pocket design. Some of them even had 4 zippered pockets.
It has been noted that the classic Luftwaffe fighter pilot straight zipper jackets, were actually French bicycle jacket! Hence, no wind flap behind the zipper.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
In truth I would try to get any style "luftwaffe" jacket at a low price (preferably under $300) and the Pegasus jacket is around $900 but it's quality looks great. So I'm still torn.
I was looking at those 2 a few months back and also was torn. I decided to wait. Ended up buying the Alexander leather's Motorrad-Jacke at a discount.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot