Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Matt Deckard Apparel

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Matt Deckard said:
I'll be putting up better pics of these trousers as well as the shirts on the site soon. What do you think?

Model #3 trousers
Made in a 15 oz. cream wool flannel
l_07e644f35147496282bfe9423bbfe400.jpg

Some customers have preferred it with belt loops and suspender buttons on the inside, I like it with no belt loops and suspender buttons on the outside like on my pair above.
l_6a9d4957d18d8cd9ca5264bf6b240d65.jpg
l_31fca4353b29780aa0515cd0e6dff19e.jpg

I see MrDeckard is losing some weight!

Matt, I have some RL linen trousers that would be MUCH more wearable if there were beltloops. Always nice to have flexibility & options.

You might want to go w/ a tad less break.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Beautiful pants. Personally, I feel that no belt loops are much better served by a hollywood style waist with no waist band. Not sure exactly why. Maybe jsut tradition or maybe there is an aesthetic reason. I do know hollywood style waist band seems to hug the waist better, this not need a belt so much.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Dagwood said:

The material is nice and heavyweight... a blue windowpane herringbone three piece in my model #1 suit design.

All I can say is it's all about the fit after the details are correct. Once it is on your back you should feel like you are wearing a pair of pyjamas without any restriction to movement... Think about Cary Grant doing that backflip in Holiday... no need to take off the jacket.

Anywho, you look marvelous and I'll see if I can get those other clients pics up soon.

Thank you for posting the suit... I've been getting people nudging me daily for more images.

Enjoy wearing it and keep us posted on people's reactions at the office.

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
MrBern said:
I see MrDeckard is losing some weight!

Matt, I have some RL linen trousers that would be MUCH more wearable if there were beltloops. Always nice to have flexibility & options.

You might want to go w/ a tad less break.

Or side-tab or a back tab adjuster.

59Lark

Practically Family
last of the line.

Went into my haberdashery last night while my family was in the bookstore next door, and my clothier was showing me some Canadian made trouser when I said you know you are closing by xmas, i should really get a new suit before you close, what kind of suit do you want. Well a double breasted pin striped suit, 48 . He looks at his eyes bugging out and exclaims you really are a dinosaur and my answer is takes one to know one. Then he scratches his bald head, and after pondering it he takes me to the back of the store and way back at the end of the suits behind the mirror door is one blue double breasted suit, not made in canada but not made in china its made in Romania. Well it makes sense their forty years behind there too. How much originally $200.something , $49. sold. Tape measure around his neck, you need the trousers altered , no time for measurements be in next week, thank you very much. 59Lark.

LondonLuke

One of the Regulars
59Lark said:
Went into my haberdashery last night while my family was in the bookstore next door, and my clothier was showing me some Canadian made trouser when I said you know you are closing by xmas, i should really get a new suit before you close, what kind of suit do you want. Well a double breasted pin striped suit, 48 . He looks at his eyes bugging out and exclaims you really are a dinosaur and my answer is takes one to know one. Then he scratches his bald head, and after pondering it he takes me to the back of the store and way back at the end of the suits behind the mirror door is one blue double breasted suit, not made in canada but not made in china its made in Romania. Well it makes sense their forty years behind there too. How much originally $200.something , $49. sold. Tape measure around his neck, you need the trousers altered , no time for measurements be in next week, thank you very much. 59Lark.

In English please?

And for the others, what is the advantage of a belted back compared to a normal one?

dog20

Familiar Face
l_07e644f35147496282bfe9423bbfe400.jpg

Matt, did you add those buttons on the outside or would I be able to find pants like those at a department store?

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I like the buttons on the outside depending on the style. I'm doing a couple more pairs like that for clients. I'm sure a good haberdasher would be willing to sew buttons on the outside of any pair of trousers you want with that look...

By the by, for those into the macabre, and since Halloween is around the corner.

See Hart fisher of American Horrors sporting his new Matt Deckard Apparel suits at Americanhorrors.com.

http://www.americanhorrors.com/

He's interviewing Sam Rami and several other horror movie directors through the year in a show broadcasting in europe.

Also, I'll have some pics of Dave Vanian of The Damned up soon. I designed a suit for him earlier this year that he's been wearing on tour. I'll have those pic up shortly as well.

mike

Call Me a Cab
At this moment having a shirt or two made is about all my budget can manage. Anyone have a Deckard shirt? I'd love to see more pictures! :)

mike

Call Me a Cab
Matt Deckard said:
Now that we have your measurements, a shirt is no problem. Check out earlier in the thread for pics. I have several customers with them made and hope they chime in.

Hello stranger! Sorry for being so out of the loop! How about fabric options, what're you working with? :)

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Well the Tailor is going to be in New York from the 6th to the 12th... There are more vintage styled shirting fabric swatches I have marked that I think you'd like to see, as well as some wool books that have denser more collegiate and classic looks. Ask to see my style book for more vintage details in detail.

For the shirt styles, very dagger pointed collars... longer points. Soon I'll be adding newsboy caps to the lineup... not your ordinary ones either...

Anywho, you'll have to wait for pics on the site, though if you are interested the number is on the website and I'll shoot you some photos through email of other clients.

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Matt Deckard said:
Also, I'll have some pics of Dave Vanian of The Damned up soon. I designed a suit for him earlier this year that he's been wearing on tour. I'll have those pic up shortly as well.

Matt, what a coincidence. I was in the Waldorf barbershop in Dublin yesterday and Linda (the proprieter's daughter) told me that Dave Vanian of The Damned had called in again recently and that he gets his hair cut exactly the way I get my hair cut.

In other words: the barber who cut Dave Vanian's hair cuts mine.

I had never heard of the band but when I read your post I remembered that is who she mentioned.

I can clearly see the similarities in the cut, especiallty at the back.

Dave_Vanian.jpg

IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_0321.jpg

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I Know I haven't posted enough images... just been busy. Here is another one of my clients in the vest shirt and trousers of suit style #1 done in a charcoal herringbone.

l_b1f89dba4d7e4c4da52aaacfab4265bc.jpg

Again, more to come.

And as for the hairstyle of choice... mine, well done Mr. H... here's mine.
l_f33915118f17424c9ff0acad0a8238c5.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass