Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Matt Deckard Apparel

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Matt Deckard said:
And as for the hairstyle of choice... mine, well doen Mr. H... here's mine.
l_f33915118f17424c9ff0acad0a8238c5.jpg

Awesome. :eusa_clap

rymandev

New in Town
Please tell me #3 is still being madef!!!

Matt Deckard said:
I'll be putting up better pics of these trousers as well as the shirts on the site soon. What do you think?

Model #3 trousers
Made in a 15 oz. cream wool flannel
l_07e644f35147496282bfe9423bbfe400.jpg

Some customers have preferred it with belt loops and suspender buttons on the inside, I like it with no belt loops and suspender buttons on the outside like on my pair above.
l_6a9d4957d18d8cd9ca5264bf6b240d65.jpg
l_31fca4353b29780aa0515cd0e6dff19e.jpg

Matt, I went to your site but it only shows suit models 1 & 2. The above trousers are perfect! I see you're going to be in the Northwest in March. I'm trying to make sure I leave one of the dates open for Seattle or Portland- both are the same distance from me of about 3 hours. Please tell me I can get the above trousers made in different fabrics... I'll probably want a couple of suits, but would love to have trousers and vests only in different combo's.

It's way past time to replace all the vintage suits and trousers I lost a few years ago, and your line makes me nostalgic for that lost wardrobe.

Thanks!

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
The site is definitely being reworked at the moment to showcase all the designs.

I've been sourcing more fabrics that would work amazingly with that style and since they are a total bespoke fit, no corners cut, you can choose whatever fabric you like. I've got a few books earmarked with materials I think would suit the look better. The site will be redone soon.

The style is their, yet as with all my suits, I'm not happy unless if feels like you're wearing a pair of pajamas... something in which you can do anything.

Send me an email and I'll get you more info.

rymandev

New in Town
email issues

Matt Deckard said:
Send me an email and I'll get you more info.

I would like to send an email, or even a PM, but I've been unable to do anything from member drop-down screen on a poster's profile. Everything I do, except post or answer, tells me my account won't let me do that.[bad] Apparently I'm not worthy!

carter

I'll Lock Up

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I've been scouring around and making some good headway with several fabric mills... just trying to source the stouter goods. I'll have certain books specifically with the heavier materials marked and ready for my tailors to show clients being measured.

There are plenty of tweeds on the scene that are 18oz and above, that's never been hard to find... it's the smooth dress wools that have a stouter weight that have fallen to the production wayside. I have more of those in the lineup now.

I'm building this thing slowly but surely and going over every garment making sure the fit and construction is up to par.

Check out collar style #2 on the site when you have the chance and i'll see if I can get more clients to pose in my styles.

Bugsy

One Too Many
Today, I'm wearing my bespoke, Matt Deckard Apparel suit. (pictures to follow soon) It's one that Matt has modeled here previously--the brown twill, three piece, with the belted-back jacket. I got measured for the suit about six weeks ago. The process was the most complete that I have ever experienced. Pictures were even taken so that the tailors could see the way I stood. When the suit arrived, it fit to perfection, the tailoring was impeccable, and the fabric is wonderfully retro. I understand that Matt might be coming out with a line of shirts. I've not doubt that these will be up to the very high standards of tailoring Matt has exhibited with my suit.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
vintage68 said:
Hey Dekard,

Can you let us know how many tailors your company employs
and the years of experience, etc?

I'm going to tell you right now that tailoring is a funny science. I've been to plenty of tailors that have years and years of experience , yet that never means they'll do what I want them to do, which 99 percent of the time is tequnique from before they started tailoring. I will tell you that those that I have working for me are hard to find, and that I inspect every suit and make sure they come out amazing. Same with the shirts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass