Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Maxwell in brown FQHH - Configuration questions

Montecristo

New in Town
Well the Teamster could be an option, but I must say the pics I saw of do not attract me as much as the Maxwell. I have the impression that the Teamster is slightly wider in cut and also the arms are wider and the silhouette around the shoulders is much more "boxy" than the Maxwell. Another thing I have to ask Aero about.

Anyone can say something to the yoke question? Is it merely aesthetics or does it come from a functional resason?

Yokes are typically a design thing. Aero's 30s Half belt typically comes with a 2 point yoke, while Insurrection does their standard with a 1 point yoke. The Cossack is the same jacket with a single piece back (no yoke).

simonc

Practically Family
Here's the back of my Pioneer jacket or what was left of the design, I exaggerated the yoke to more western look front and back, it has the centre pleat, but also an outer pleat on each side which is very comfortable and makes moving so much more easy, hope this helps
h3gxkD3.jpg

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes, you are right, in the end I have to speak to Aero. I just want to gather as much knowledge as possible before so I can describe precisely what I want.

Teamster would be right concerning length, maybe just a tad shorter. But I dont like the button type and the horizontal seam at the breast. Also, what I like most on the Maxwell is how the collar sits. I could be mistaken, but I have the impression that it sits a bit higher and more standing up than on the Teamster or Stuart.

Here is what I mean:

Collar "flat" and more lying down:

Collar more upright and "standing":

My teamsters collar looks exactly like the maxwell in the above picture, it definitely lays flat. Also you can choose which style of button to go for.

Edward

Bartender
Here's the back of my Pioneer jacket or what was left of the design, I exaggerated the yoke to more western look front and back, it has the centre pleat, but also an outer pleat on each side which is very comfortable and makes moving so much more easy, hope this helps
h3gxkD3.jpg

They really should make that a standard line design, your take on it.... I'm seeing it in goatskin, myself...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner