Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEN of the LOUNGE

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
JohnnyGringo said:
Big Man, the boater looks great! I've been considering trying the look myself, but wasn't sure I could pull it off- seeing yours just helped me make my decision.

Thanks. It's definitely a "different" look that is taking me a bit of getting used to. I'm 53 years old and don't recall ever seeing but one person in my entire life wearing a boater. That was my great uncle, Ned Sparks, who lived in Silver Springs, MD. Uncle Ned visited us from time to time, and he always wore a boater hat. Other than him, I can't think of any other person I've ever seen wearing one.

It's a great way to "stand out in the crowd", that's for sure.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Did some more yesterday...

desat.jpg
[/IMG]

Two Gun Bob

One of the Regulars
Well, on Saturday I travelled through a time warp on the Ghost Train, and met up with Pip in World War II. Having done a little spying for the OSS and SOE, I took a few moments off to take his portrait. What do you think, ladies?

Phil1640.jpg

Phil2640.jpg

TGB

Two Gun Bob

One of the Regulars
On Saturday my 1940s alter ego 'Cairo Jones' picked up a 1926 Chrysler automobile outside Kidderminster Railway Station while timetravelling in 1941 England.

I'm sure you'll agree she's just the car for a true adventurer!

Flivver640.jpg

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Big Man said:
The boater is new to me. I'm still not sure I like the look.
Another positive vote here. You are another one of those annoying gents who always looks perfect, no matter what! You know that you are just making the rest of us try that much harder, right?

Miss 1929

Ned Sparks?

Big Man said:
Thanks. It's definitely a "different" look that is taking me a bit of getting used to. I'm 53 years old and don't recall ever seeing but one person in my entire life wearing a boater. That was my great uncle, Ned Sparks, who lived in Silver Springs, MD. Uncle Ned visited us from time to time, and he always wore a boater hat. Other than him, I can't think of any other person I've ever seen wearing one.

It's a great way to "stand out in the crowd", that's for sure.

I think you look swell in a boater! And nice and cool...

:eek:fftopic: Is Ned Sparks a famous person? I only wonder as Peter Mintun (a famous 30s pianist in New York) uses that as is YouTube posting name...and I don't know why.

Miss 1929

Two Gun Bob said:
Well, on Saturday I travelled through a time warp on the Ghost Train, and met up with Pip in World War II. Having done a little spying for the OSS and SOE, I took a few moments off to take his portrait. What do you think, ladies?

Phil1640.jpg

Phil2640.jpg

TGB
We love us some Pip.

Sir RBH

A-List Customer
Two Gun Bob said:

TGB

hello there
Great pic. i was also there on Sunday and saw Pip as I went past on a train!!!

Big Man

Miss 1929 said:
I think you look swell in a boater! And nice and cool...

:eek:fftopic: Is Ned Sparks a famous person? I only wonder as Peter Mintun (a famous 30s pianist in New York) uses that as is YouTube posting name...and I don't know why.

Thanks for the compliment.

My uncle Ned Sparks wasn't anyone famous (I don't even know what he did - probabally just a "business man"). He did, though, have a brother (who I never met) named Jack Sparks who was an actor. Jack played "bit parts" in a lot of old westerns in the 1930's and 1940's.

Big Man

Amy Jeanne said:
UNCLE Ned Sparks? The movie star? Star of one of my favourite films, Gold Diggers Of 1933?? Or just the same name?

Must have been just the same name. Uncle Ned's brother, Jack, was an actor (see above post).

Big Man

pgoat said:
Amen....on the rocks....though I would normally never say that!

If it's on the rocks, then you have to drink it real fast. You don't want that ice melting and getting any of that nasty 'ol water in there to dilute the Jack. :D

Miss 1929

That explains it

Amy Jeanne said:
UNCLE Ned Sparks? The movie star? Star of one of my favourite films, Gold Diggers Of 1933?? Or just the same name?
Explains why Peter Mintun uses the name!

My all time favorite film too! By a Waterfall is so awesome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic