Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEN of the LOUNGE

DickWhitmanMM

New in Town
Classic snapshot of '40s era Seattleite

Not me but had to share-- Great snapshot of my great-uncle Maurice "Frenchy" Gebault at the base of Queen Anne Hill circa 1940's. He was a professional boxer in the Seattle area in the '30s, iron worker at Todds Shipyards, and avid Heidleberg beer drinker I'm told. I barely remember him...
frenchy.jpg

freebird

Practically Family
LondonLuke said:
For a minute there I thought the stick was an old bolt action Lee-Enfield, with, er, 2 bolts!

nope, that's my latest project cane. Figured if I mounted a fishing reel on one, and added some eyes, I'd have a fully functional fishing cane lol. That way I don't have to carry a fishing rod and tackle box, just grab my cane (which I have to use anyhow) and a box of worms, and hit the creek bank.

I'm going to have to either (a) steal some eyes off of a good pole, or (b) find some somewhere and buy them. So far (b) is the better of the two options, but finding them is another thing altogether.
:D

rumblefish

One Too Many
freebird said:
nope, that's my latest project cane. Figured if I mounted a fishing reel on one, and added some eyes, I'd have a fully functional fishing cane lol. That way I don't have to carry a fishing rod and tackle box, just grab my cane (which I have to use anyhow) and a box of worms, and hit the creek bank.

I'm going to have to either (a) steal some eyes off of a good pole, or (b) find some somewhere and buy them. So far (b) is the better of the two options, but finding them is another thing altogether.
:D

Excellent!:eusa_clap I like the way you think.

This may be useful.
http://www.jannsnetcraft.com/

You'll probably need to go with a carbide tip

Edward

Bartender
Been a while since I posted on here....

These shots were taken yesterday evening, at and after the London Burlesque Social Club event at Madame JoJos, here in Swinging London.

Uploaded8August2008012.jpg

Uploaded8August2008013.jpg

The jacket sleeves are the correct length on me.... alas, I seem to keep managing to make sleeves look too long on any jacket in photos, whatever way I twist myself trying to hide the gut..... I need some classes in posture, I think!

Jacket is modern (I think early 00s.....) - Marks & Spencer label, bought for GBP16 on eBay. Pure wool, ivory colour, nice high armholes. I believe it appeared in a photo I posted about a year ago too... Hat is a vintage Homberg by a Piccadilly firm (name escapes me just now; I suspect the hat is 40s, but I don't honestly know). Trousers are 40s, came with a db dj which is beautifully cut, but just too hot for this time of year. Cummerbund is apparently 50s (so sayeth the ebay seller..... at GBP5 including postage, I don't much care one way or the other). Rest is modern. I'm quite pleased with how it all came together - it'll look even better once I shift another 20lbs...

ETA: Please excuse the messy bow.... having misplaced mine, I had to buy a new one in a rush yesterday and I obviously haven't quite found the right length on it yet.

Edward

Bartender
Thank-you, gentlemen.

"Bumpershoot" - cummerbund?

I'm thinknig of having a boned cummerbund made up so it will corset my midriff in a bit more... :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR