Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Military style cap?

Corky

Practically Family
This might be more of what you have in mind...

This might be more of what you have in mind...

Midway Cap Company

ARISTOCRAT%20lrg.jpg

Aristocrat Yachting Cap

One could probably make a crusher out of this one:

Cruiser Yachting Cap

cruiserlrg.jpg

They even sell something called a Pershing Cap:

perlrg.jpg

Also see the Transatlantic Roll-up hat:

1420_MED.jpg

at Quaker Marine.

chippy

New in Town
:eek:fftopic: its a bit off topic but some of thse hats remind me of when i was about 21, i leased a 45 foot yacht for a few weeks, naturaly, in keeping with the sprit of things i bought myself a captains hat (much like a couple in the above post)...and for my girlfriend i bought hat that had 'crew' written on it..i thought it was cute, if not just a little bit funny but she refused to wear it outright:rage: , after returning it she hasppily wore the hat with a 1st mate designation, even though i suggested you are meant to work your way up to that positionlol ....go figure[huh] ah, the things a captain has to do to overt a mutiny , in hindsight i guess i was fortunate not to have gotten the hat with 'swab' written on it :D

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
elvisroe said:
That's awesome lefty - 2004 or 1904!

[IMGhttp://www.mentalblog.com/filedepot/futerfas.gif[/IMG]

is that a genuine russian Keskit like your doppleganger here or something else?

Thanks. Mine is just a cheap, American made Greek-style cap. It's probably what got me into wearing fedoras. I had way more in common with the monks than anyone else. Beards are out in Russia.

Viper Man

Banned
The Throwback

I recently picked up one of these from Field & Stream and it has an old school military vibe. It sort of looks like a hybrid between a vintage style 8 panel baseball cap, a cadet cap, and an enigineer's cap. In fact whenever I wear it my wife likes to make "Choo-Choo" sounds at me. :rolleyes:

I love mine regardless, it's a great alternative to a straight up baseball cap (which I am not a fan of). Just an FYI, The are "flex fit" hats and my L/XL was a bit tight on my 7 1/4- 7 3/8 head (it stretched out fine with a hat jack).

Throwback

Edward

Bartender
Example of a Union (I think...) Kepi worn in 1953... ;) See the young man on the right of the picture, to Brando's left:

brando.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy