Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mink oil or Pecard`s

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Ko CHO (or) CAO Line

I agree. My dad used it when he had a leather shop and its the only thing I used on my "black" leather jacket and chesterfield sofas, its great stuff. The only negative thing about it is that you have to wipe of the excess after a day of absorbtion, but the same goes for Pecards. I never found it after I ran out and have been using Pecards ever since but I would love another box of it :D

//edit *found it* the spelling is: Ko Cao Line......this is probably why I never found it again as we always prenounced it: Kao-co line :D
(I cant find it on Amazon tho, maybe you use .co.uk?)
Yes I do use Amazon.co.uk

Funny thing, this is what you get with both spellings, Amazon lists it on .co.uk as Ko Cho Line:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=ko+cho+line&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=6401409366&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9892055791905412349&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&ref=pd_sl_9ambkru7m_e

And spelt Ko Cao Line brings up:

http://www.greatenglish.co.uk/item.aspx?CID=7786d7b5-2430-4e52-94a8-daa4cd5d7a85&FID=&PID=3ee484ae-c355-409d-a327-2e4b7cfed613

It all depends on how you interpret the CAO or CHO? Is it an A or a stylised H

i bought mine off the shelf at my local saddlers, was a couple of years back though.

AviatorBRZ

Familiar Face
I've bought my Pecard Antique Leather Dressing today, from ebay (seller:duckpecardduck). It will take some weeks to arrive here, I believe, but I'm not in a rush.
Lexol I can find here in Brazil to buy. But I'll wait for the pecard first, and test it.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Yes I do use Amazon.co.uk

Funny thing, this is what you get with both spellings, Amazon lists it on .co.uk as Ko Cho Line:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=ko+cho+line&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=6401409366&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9892055791905412349&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&ref=pd_sl_9ambkru7m_e

And spelt Ko Cao Line brings up:

http://www.greatenglish.co.uk/item.aspx?CID=7786d7b5-2430-4e52-94a8-daa4cd5d7a85&FID=&PID=3ee484ae-c355-409d-a327-2e4b7cfed613

It all depends on how you interpret the CAO or CHO? Is it an A or a stylised H

i bought mine off the shelf at my local saddlers, was a couple of years back though.

Aha, now I see it. I do think its an "H" based on the curvature on the text.

And lol at the description on the second link "...Not only is this a wonderful product, but it comes in a great tin." :D

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
Haha, no one Mentioned Neats foot oil.

that is where my money goes. That stuff is what I Exlusively Advocate for applying to my WW2 Antique Leather.

It doesnt take much to work in, and It soaks in deep. Brought my Jackets back better than Mink oil times a BUNCH.

I swear by that stuff.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Tried it as well. Should be fine, a typical equestrian application to bridles and that sort of thing. Dont actually use it simply because I am happy with what I use(Co Cho Line). Also I knocked the can over and it went all over my worktop and into my 'man' drawer.
PS whats it made of? And is it used on horses hooves? Or is it made from boiling up animals hooves?
Something to think about Sunday morning.
Gotta go, might be my last chance on the Hayabusa before the real winter sets in.
John

coloradorider

One of the Regulars
PS whats it made of? And is it used on horses hooves? Or is it made from boiling up animals hooves?
Something to think about Sunday morning.
Gotta go, might be my last chance on the Hayabusa before the real winter sets in.
John

I use Fiebing's 100% neatsfoot oil. What's actually in neatsfoot oil compound anyone's guess and I'd stay away from it unless you have some specific feedback that a particular product is very good. Neatsfoot oil is thin so it will soak in deeply to leather and it can/will darken some leathers. I wouldn't recommend using a lot of it unless this is the effect you're going for. It's organic so you can get a dull film from it over time. I think it's inferior to Pecard's, Obenauf's, Ko Cho (based on the feedback here) products for actually conditioning and maintaining leather. I like it for surface treatment leathers because it brings back the dull shine they had when new (think chrome excel). 100% neatsfoot oil will soften leather with liberal application and will darken leather if it soaks in so use with care.

PS whats it made of? - Rendering calf's bones from their lower legs...
And is it used on horses hooves? - ???
Or is it made from boiling up animals hooves? - shouldn't be any hooves in the process

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Dont use Bick 4 on horsehide it turns milky even a little application on dry HH will milk up hazy , But it is great on Cowboy boots & exotic skins

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Just curious, has anyone used the same product on the same jacket/item longer than I have? I have used Ko Cho Line for 30 years on two particular jackets with no ill effects.
Not boasting but no ill effects over a long period of time is surely a positive for Ko Cho. Anyone used a similar substance longer?Connelly Hide food has been around and people keep old cars for years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy