Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

More Akubra advice please

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I like the name Cattlemaster - it could be the Cattleman but in premium felt.

The three inch brim on these can look really wide. I tend to trim them and do a dimensional cut because I have a fairly narrow face and a wide brim just looks silly.

Monavillecowboy

One of the Regulars
All the talk of Akubra hats in the lounge has peeked my interest enough to add them to my inventory.
I'm going to order some tomorrow and could use some help.
Can I get some recommendations on what to stock from you Akubra aficionados?

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'd say, for starters, you need a bluegrass green Campdraft. After that, the addiction just grows. I paired mine today with a dark brown tweed jacket and was stopped three times by people wanting to tell me how great it looked. I don't know, but I feel kind of dashing in the Akubras.

Motorcyclist

Familiar Face
Depends on what you like? I tend to like the drover style hats the best so Coober Pedy ranks high on my list. Love my Banjo Paterson though. Currently have a Territory somewhere in the mail as well for the huge brim.

Gromulus

Practically Family
campdraft, cattleman, stylemaster theyre all good

Definitely these three and the Banjo Paterson. The FED is a great hat but is exclusive the The Hattery (Hats Direct) in Australia - no one else carries it.. The Adventurer is essentially a slightly larger brimmed version of the FED IV and is sold open crown as well so that is an alternative.

I would also consider one or two of their synthetic (polypropylene) "straws" such as The Capricorn and similar Rink models. These are great "bang for the buck" summer hats that hold up well to the elements.

Last edited:
Monaville's a seller, on eBay. I assume he means he wants to stock them and carry them in his online store. He offers some nice Stetsons (new) at decent prices. Haven't bought from him yet, but I'm tempted.

I don't know if you could compete with the prices from EA or the Hattery, though. You'd have to source them pretty cheap to turn them over at any profit and still be competitive.

Having said that - Campdraft and Stylemaster seems to be pretty popular, as well as Banjo Patterson.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Monaville's a seller, on eBay. I assume he means he wants to stock them and carry them in his online store. He offers some nice Stetsons (new) at decent prices. Haven't bought from him yet, but I'm tempted.

I don't know if you could compete with the prices from EA or the Hattery, though. You'd have to source them pretty cheap to turn them over at any profit and still be competitive.

Having said that - Campdraft and Stylemaster seems to be pretty popular, as well as Banjo Patterson.
An eBay seller who deals in new Stetsons at decent prices...? Hmmm...? I wonder what he gets for a Stetsonian...? Lol.

tommyK

One Too Many
Camp Draft any and every color as cheap as you can (they're a good deal anywhere but especially get the Bluegrass, silverbelly and/or fawn from Everythingaustalian) moonstone from the hattery and mid brown from RM Williams if you can find your size

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24