Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Musician's hats

36 years today

JOhn_lennon_funky_hat.jpg
I was away from home but remember getting the coverage & being glued to a TV.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I think most of us of a certain age remember that night fairly well.
I remember I was pretty drunk that night. It didn't really hit me until I woke up the next morning.
I was 7 ... I wasn't drunk ... but I remember

there was shock and horror rampant in my household

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
I was 7 ... I wasn't drunk ... but I remember

there was shock and horror rampant in my household

At the time I was working at Warehouse Records in Dayton. Going to work the next day was like going to a funeral.

I was 8. I remember my folks being terribly struck by it.

I became interested in the Beatles then. Only the second album I ever asked my folks to get for me was the result of Chapman's insanity. It was original_464.jpg

My folks bought it for me on two 8 track tapes. I used to sit in my room and listen to it on my 2-XL over and over again. The 2-XL was the only thing I had for music playback. 2xl8.JPG

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I was 8. I remember my folks being terribly struck by it.

I became interested in the Beatles then. Only the second album I ever asked my folks to get for me was the result of Chapman's insanity. It was View attachment 62132

My folks bought it for me on two 8 track tapes. I used to sit in my room and listen to it on my 2-XL over and over again. The 2-XL was the only thing I had for music playback. View attachment 62133
bro !!! ... 2-XL !!!

I can hear that voice right now in my head saying .. "No-stal-gia"

Wesslyn

Practically Family
I wasn't born for 7 more years. It's a bittersweet feeling never being alive while Lennon was. On one hand, I'd love to live in a world he was alive in. On the other hand, I never had to feel the loss.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I remember that day like it was yesterday. Damn, now I need to play "Yesterday" on my stereo!
I recently watched the Andrew Solt Imagine doc.
can't believe I had not seen that before ... it is amazing !!!

the part where he takes the time to chat with the guy who had been spending nights sleeping in the garden on his estate amazed me ... just a wonderful guy
he had a touch of a bitter disposition at times ... but John had a heart of gold

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The next day I went up to the Dakota, but there was quite a crowd, with tv cameras and all, so I crossed the street and went down to the lake in Central Park. On the way I couldn't help thinking that he and his wife probably walked that path several times. It was a cold day, the bench I sat on was cold, and the world felt like a colder place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy