Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Musicians?

James71

A-List Customer
Ahhh... the definition of a Gentleman. A man who can play the bag pipes*, and chooses not to.... :D

(Insert instrument to be maligned here - joke is quite versatile)

Im a singer / songwriter / guitarist. Ive played in bands all my life. My new solo CD is about to be released. (finally - six months delayed through my slackness).

Alan-Eby

Familiar Face
Musician

I've been playing in bands since my junior year in high school. I play guitar, bass, and sing, I also do some songwriting. I usually try and wear a hat on stage, I've found when lights are too bright I lessen my after-show-headaches by keeping those lights out of my eyes. I'm in two bands, one of which is a rock and country band, we often do all country nights and we all wear our cowboy hats.
When I get my new fedora project done I plan on wearing it every time I'm on stage with either band!!

Rat Pack

One of the Regulars
Grew up as a singer. Started playing guitar to accompany myself.

Own a bunch of great sounding Martins, a Strat, a mando, a banjo (GASP) and a couple ukes.

On the guitar I can make folks who don't play think I know what I am doing, but I am mostly a snippet master. I can play bits and pieces of a bunch of stuff but couldn't play a song from start to finish anymore if my life depended on it.

Love dinkin around but certainly couldn't call myself a musician.

Should probably sell some stuff to finance some hats!

Derek WC

Banned
Fletch said:
If you have no luck, I have a Conn 4H sitting around. 1927 model, silver plated, just needs a brace resoldered.

How much would you ask for it? Also would it be possible to do that myself, or should I have a professional do it, and how much would it cost?

Yeps said:
Sounds good, Miss Annie. I want to hear more.

I second that. ;)

Bebop

Practically Family
My aunt is concert pianist and my mother was a singer so music has been in my home and family since birth.

I have been playing sax and clarinet for 40 years. I tried the "musician thing" when I was young and I figured out that I hate being on stage or in the limelight. I occasionally play here and there but really do it to relax more than anything.

You can hear me relaxing if you click on my signature.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bebop said:
I tried the "musician thing" when I was young and I figured out that I hate being on stage or in the limelight. I occasionally play here and there but really do it to relax more than anything.

I know what you mean. I'm just starting out on banjo, clawhammer style, and I find it wholly therapeautic (which is helpful while in college). I play for me...

VitaminG

One of the Regulars
I'm a hack guitarist who doesn't practice nearly often enough, but does well enough to maintain my position on lead guitar with my cover band. We play out once a month (sometimes more, sometimes less) and get most of our gigs by word of mouth. This gig schedule (despite a complete lack of promotion) works out well in that it provides enough activity to keep me interested but leaves plenty of time for us to devote to the rest of the important things in our near-middle aged lives (work, wives, kids, sport, hobbies, etc)

oh, and I fool around on bass & drums, and last holiday spent three weeks teaching myself to play harmonica. The interweb is a wonderful learning resource

Flash

Familiar Face
I have started with guitar and after some years I have added an accordion. Now I play accordion almost everyday and sometimes going to play to the club.

Godfrey

One of the Regulars
I play two instruments.

Classical guitar, I don't perform live, often a panama as I play outside or when traveling (with my Martin Backpacker). Guitar is my contemplation - calm down instrument.

Irish Flute (another McGee flute like Woodfluter), a few pubs, I've worn a Basco Roma Beret and occasionally my Akubra Whippet. Flute is about having a bit of fun and a laugh.

Needless to say im a bit of a hack at both - but no one has asked me to stop or go away yet!

Brian Niebuhr

One of the Regulars
I play guitar and sing in a classic rock-ish cover band. We play only about once a month or so these days. We used to play just about every weekend but I get tired of doing it when we play so often. I only wear my hats when we play country tunes and or once my hair is soaked with sweat and looks bad. I wear my hats everywhere all the time so I kind of like not wearing them at shows just for a change. That and my wide brims seem to cause feedback. The sound from my monitor bounces off the brim back into the mic making it hard to get a good loud monitor. Also, I tend to play/sing with a lot of energy and my hats dont like to stay put.

Simonds

Vendor
I'm a drummer and have been playing around Atlanta for 20 yrs now, though I don't play as much as once did, I'm still involved in the music scene.
3075.jpg

3072.jpg

DesertDan

One Too Many
I have been a performing bassplayer for over 30 years.

I currently play in an original/cover rock band. Hope to have a CD out summer/fall of 2013.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I've been playing West African percussion (djembe and dununs) for about a dozen years now. I teach it in my school, and used to perform authentic Malinke rhythms with a group. Here I am with one of my djembes at a rehearsal a few years ago.

0414092059a.jpg

Last edited:

Flash

Familiar Face
DSC_0049_800.jpg

Yesterday after accordion playing i played with my camera too.
My Weltmaister Serino DeLuxe. 96 bass, 37 kyes, 5 bass switches and 11 treble switches. 5 chords at bass and 4 chords at piano side. The accordion sounds excellently. I realy enjoy playing it.

Simonds

Vendor
A drum I built for James Wormworth. Maple shell with vintage tube lugs in vintage peacock finish.

5104699564_c29b4c9476_zps74c4cc28.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925