Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My attempt to start a trend

mjbrekke

New in Town
About a year ago, my high school son came to me and said, "One of my friends likes your hats and is wondering if you can help him find one like them." Well, I happened to have some sitting around that I hardly ever wore, so I gave the friend one. It looked great on him, too.

About a week later, another friend dropped by and asked if I could find him a hat. Found one in the collection that fit him perfectly, both size and style, so I gave it to him. About 2 days later...yup, #3 gone. And a day after that...#4.

Sadly, I never could find one for my son. The difficulty was that he only really looked good in black or blue, and he looked fabulous in a porkpie and not so good in a pinch or homburg or derby, but I didn't have a black or blue porkpie. And I've never seen one in his size on eBay. And he's allergic to wool.

Anyway, I saw the gang wearing them a lot for a couple of months. My son said they even wore them in school. (Wish I could have seen that.) But then spring came and they started going hatless again.

So, last week I asked my son if any of the guys still wore their hat. The first friend I gave one to still wears his occasionally, but the others have hung them up.

Oh, well, one out of four ain't bad. And there's still hope for the other three.

photobyalan

A-List Customer
Don't give up!

There are several guys where I work who have expressed interest in hats since they see me wear mine every day. One is now the proud owner of a Dobbs Milan straw and another is on the verge of giving up the hatless life. Once a man sees himself in a hat that fits and looks good on him, and gets good reactions from the opposite sex, then he's hooked!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland