Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My first AERO (1930s Halfbelt) is on the way!!!

holdencain

One of the Regulars
Order placed Oct 18th 2010
Shipped Dec 22nd 2010

My new AERO 1930s Halfbelt is a "JanSolo redux". I chose to go with many( ok i mean *all*!!) of his specifications from his recent jacket.

- Size 42 1930s Halfbelt in seal goatskin.
- 26 inch sleeves
- 27 inch body length. Please make front and back the same length.
- Double leather (leather lined) button cuffs
- All pockets lined with heavy brown corduroy
- Left breast pocket with nickel ball and chain zip
-G1/ M422a style inside pockets in the facing with stud closures.
-Jacket lined with olive Gabardine (B10 cloth).
-“Hangar and two Airmen” label
- 2 inch leather facing on the inside bottom hem.
-Nickel AERO zip and nickel side buckles.
- jacket top stitched with olive drab thread for all seams
-Jacket to be made by Vicki or Moira if possible

I am very excited. The final cost was 580 GBP (550 plus 30 shipping). Plus I suppose I may get hit w/ duty also.......

I will let you all know when it arrives!

HC

Danner

New in Town
Hey holdencain nice config you got there!
I am currently waiting on 2 Aero Jackets I've ordered in October like you. Could you tell me which date you got the payment notice or shipping email or anything like that?
I haven't recieved anything so far :confused:

holdencain

One of the Regulars
Hey holdencain nice config you got there!
I am currently waiting on 2 Aero Jackets I've ordered in October like you. Could you tell me which date you got the payment notice or shipping email or anything like that?
I haven't recieved anything so far :confused:

Amanda e-mailed today and said jacket was ready! I gave her my payment info and jacket was shipped today. She said that they would close today for 2 wks so she was eager to get my shipment out today.
HC

Chi-Town Co

Familiar Face
Sounds like between the recent weather issues and the factory closing for Holiday Aero must be really trying to crank the jackets out.. they informed me that mine was being shipped out a couple of days ago.. of course I ordered my jacket the beginning of Sept so your order was really completed quickly..

MissMittens

One Too Many
Please post pictures when you receive it. I haven't seen their work before. I used to get A2's made in Pakistan using an Eastman pattern I acquired in 2000, but the quality of each piece varied so much that I'd say it was literally 50/50 whether it was going to be usable. I literally ordered 2 for each order I had. Once in a while I ended up with a free jacket, which I painted with acrylics and put on eBay. Last A2 I painted was a re-finishing job for a vet that flew as waist gunner in B-17 "Shoo Shoo Shoo Baby" back in 04. Yeah, it's been THAT long

too much coffee

Practically Family
holdencain;

Don't know how long it's gonna take but it won't be that long and you know it will be worth it. Congratulations!

Just think how long it would have taken if you would have placed the order with AeroUSA............probably get it after the Super Bowl.

Regards, coffee

holdencain

One of the Regulars
holdencain;

Don't know how long it's gonna take but it won't be that long and you know it will be worth it. Congratulations!

Just think how long it would have taken if you would have placed the order with AeroUSA............probably get it after the Super Bowl.

Regards, coffee

HaHa! True!

I was actually surprised it only took 2 months from order to ship. Amanda had actually told me last week it would be "mid-January"? So I was quite surprised to hear it was done and shipped! Good on them. It seems most folks wait a lot longer.

Oh, but I certainly didn't pay attention to the exchange rate!! OMG! I better like this jacket. $900US!! Wow!! I just saw the $550 and never realized what that actually meant.

HC

HC

too much coffee

Practically Family
Yeah but when you're 94 and you're wearing your jacket, your great-great grandson will ask how much did your Aero jacket cost and you respond $900.00; he'll reply, "Wow, really cheap back then!"

Enjoy.

Regards, coffee

Last edited:

holdencain

One of the Regulars
Oh for the LOVE OF GOD! The UPS came whilst I was out! The will try to deliver again tomorrow!
I need a drink....................;-(

And UPS said I owe $30 COD? Is that the duty charge??

HC

Last edited:

holdencain

One of the Regulars
It's here!!!!!!!!!

Wow!

The jacket is fabulous! My first impression is the goat is beautiful. It is quite stiff. The buckles on the side needed to be loosened all the way, otherwise it would have been too tight. No worries. Body length and arm length seem to be good. The overall fit is quite trim, armholes are high. I am still in shock it is actually here. Total cost was 580 GBP *plus* another 30 USD due upon delivery to the UPS guy!!
Made by Vicki.
HC

Chi-Town Co

Familiar Face
Congrats holdencain... I'm sure you're relieved that it's finally in your hands.. can't wait to see some photos.

Sounds like the jacket is quite a trim fit... well at least it gives you motivation to stay in shape :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy