Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My FQHH Aero NYPD Jacket at 3 months plus a new use for FQHH jackets...

Navin323i

Practically Family
I can't believe I've had my Aero NYPD jacket now for 3 months! It still feels like yesterday when I opened up the box like a little kid at Christmas and saw my jacket in person for the first time.

I'm very happy how my jacket has aged during these 3 months. I've been wearing my jacket everyday... usually at night when I'm at home doing chores around the house or just sitting in front of the TV. Surprisingly my FQHH jacket broke in very quickly simply by me wearing it as often as possible in situations mostly where I had to move my arms around.

In case you missed my "Action Shots"... you can see those pics here...
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showpost.php?p=1088876&postcount=64

Below are my pics... hope you enjoy them...

I had to start off my pics with the "new use" for the FQHH jacket. Thanks to the stiffness it makes a PERFECT tent/canopy for my now 10-month old daughter (who just started crawling the same day I took these pictures)
Aero3m-1.jpg

Aero3m-2.jpg

The jacket has aged nicely and you can see the nice crease lines in the leather...
Aero3m-3.jpg

Aero3m-4.jpg

My 6 year old daughter sporting the jacket... she loves it as much as I do, LOL
Aero3m-5.jpg

Here is a GREAT way I broke in my jacket. In my youth I was a nationally ranked U.S. table tennis player until I experienced "burn out" and left the game for 22 years until recently when I played in a doubles table tennis tournament with my brother in law on my Bermuda cruise and we won the whole tournament despite my bad knee. That totally got my interest back up. I'm now sponsored by a table tennis company (Paddle Palace) in the hopes of bringing awareness to how good table tennis is for the heart... plus my paddle and rubber is made of the same carbon fiber material as my partly mechanical heart. Paddle is a Donic Waldner Black Devil with Stiga Carbo Sound rubber in black rubber and Butterfly Tackiness Chop in red rubber.
Are there other table tennis players here as well?
Aero3m-6.jpg

Aero3m-7.jpg

Aero3m-8.jpg

A nice way to end my post... I am so blessed and proud to be a father. :)
Aero3m-9.jpg

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Kids...

...they're the secret ingredient to breaking in the FQHH and giving it the authentic 'time worn' look! ;) (forget hot water treatment, from now on it's KID GLOVES treatment!).

Looking good Navin. In a year or two it will be looking 'awesome' (as the Americans say!).

Navin323i

Practically Family
andy richards said:
Hio Navin,
This proofes again that the more you wear your leather jacket, the better it will look! (Looks good on your daughter too ;) )
Andy

Thanks Andy! Hope you've been doing well, my friend. :)

Navin323i

Practically Family
PADDY said:
...they're the secret ingredient to breaking in the FQHH and giving it the authentic 'time worn' look! ;) (forget hot water treatment, from now on it's KID GLOVES treatment!).

Looking good Navin. In a year or two it will be looking 'awesome' (as the Americans say!).

Hey Paddy! Thanks for the kind words! LOL... I don't know if it's an American thing or not to say "awesome", but I've been saying it since I was a kid... it's either that or saying "groovy" but that word was a bit before my time. ;) :D

One of the Regulars
Jacket looks superb Navin!
Your daughters are adorable!
And... I have to admit I really like your ingenuity and practicality to age your outstanding jacket!
Right on!:eusa_clap

Navin323i

Practically Family
1087 said:
Jacket looks superb Navin!
Your daughters are adorable!
And... I have to admit I really like your ingenuity and practicality to age your outstanding jacket!
Right on!:eusa_clap

Thank you so much for the nice compliments regarding my daughters and jacket aging/breaking-in technique. :)

Very nice bike you have in your Avatar... what year/make is it?

One of the Regulars
Navin323i said:
Thank you so much for the nice compliments regarding my daughters and jacket aging/breaking-in technique. :)

Very nice bike you have in your Avatar... what year/make is it?

you deserve it Navin!
the bike is an 03 Triumph Bonneville extensively modified like your bimmer!;)

Navin323i

Practically Family
1087 said:
you deserve it Navin!
the bike is an 03 Triumph Bonneville extensively modified like your bimmer!;)

Nice! No wonder why I liked it then since you're a fellow "mod-a-holic" like me, haha!

Would love to see some larger sized pictures of your bike. :)

One of the Regulars
Navin323i said:
Nice! No wonder why I liked it then since you're a fellow "mod-a-holic" like me, haha!

Would love to see some larger sized pictures of your bike. :)

Yeah, we have both similar addictions (mod-a-holic" and jack-a-holic) LOL!
I will post few pics later ( you would love the carbon kit that I designed few years ago).
IDK if this is the proper thread to post pics.

Navin323i

Practically Family
1087 said:
Yeah, we have both similar addictions (mod-a-holic" and jack-a-holic) LOL!
I will post few pics later ( you would love the carbon kit that I designed few years ago).
IDK if this is the proper thread to post pics.

I figure since this is my thread I started, as long as I'm ok with you posting the pics (which I am, of course) then it should be fine. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24