Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Jacket Collection Update (Aero, Thedi, Coach and Burberry) - Part 1

Radz108

One of the Regulars
Hello TFLers,
A few have asked for photo updates on how my Aero Seven in Russet Vicenza and Thedi Padded Cafe Racer are coming along in terms of breaking in. So I decided to take a few photos of these jackets on how they are coming along as well as my most recent Aero (Ridley D pocket) and a few other jackets which I recently got. I have 2 interesting pieces which I got from Coach on sale and one piece from Burberry which has quite lovely grain developing.

Here's the show...

Jacket Pile;)

Thedi Padded Cafe Racer in Black Italian HH (size M) - The arms are starting to crease quite nicely.:)

Aero Seven in Russet Vicenza HH (size 40) - Different shades in the Russet Color are starting to develop and the creasing and grain is starting to form nicely as well.

Aero Ridley D pocket in Dark Vicenza HH (Size 38) - This is the trimmest jacket I have. It feels and looks the best with just a T-Shirt or thin dress shirt. I have been trying to wear it as often as I can when it warms up a little this winter to help break it in. I feel the leather has stretched and molded a bit now and it is more comfortable compared to when I first received it. The arm and body creasing are developing nicely and it seems to drape better.

Continue to Part 2

Last edited:

Radz108

One of the Regulars
Part 2

Coach Bleecker Aviator Jacket in brown Calf skin (size S) - I wanted a jacket inspired from the famous G1 and M442A. The fit of this jacket is trim and tailored and it has leather cuffs which should last longer than the wool ones.

Coach Shearling Motorcycle Jacket in Dark Navy (size 38) - This jacket is part of Coach's 1941 collection. I love the style of this jacket with belt loops, throat straps and even a D pocket (very vintage inspired). I believe it's made with curly Spanish Merino shearling.

Burberry Brit Motorcycle Jacket in Black Calf skin (size L). This jacket is the oldest of the bunch and I wore it quite a bit over the last 2-3 years. I feel it is a size too big for me now and the arms are a bit long. However, it layers well and has great grain and texture to the hide.

Hope you enjoyed my very long post. :D

The entire collection is extreme class but the furry, shearling one is love. Is it warm?

Thedi really looks good.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Great photos! I haven't really been a fan of the Vincenza, but your photos changed my mind. The grain is spectacular. The Seven is beautiful, but that Ridley is unbelievable. I really like that Ridley design and the dark seal is a great choice - very versatile. Not sure I'm hip enough for the Ridley, but if I was, I'd get the removable mouton collar.

willyto

One Too Many
The name Part 1 of the tittle worries me. As if this amount of jackets wasn't enough! :D

Now you need to use them a lot to stop looking like brand new jackets. Unless of course, you really like the brand new look.

Mark

Practically Family
That's a wonderful collection, especially the Russet Seven. The Thedi and Aero jackets are definitely on another level when compared with the upmarket high street branded jackets.

Pdxgeo

A-List Customer
Thank you for sharing! I am on the January list for a Russet Vincenze Aero and there are almost NO other images of that this stuff looks like as it ages. Yours, as well as your other jackets, are amazing!

Radz108

One of the Regulars
The entire collection is extreme class but the furry, shearling one is love. Is it warm?

Thedi really looks good.
The Coach shearling seems to be about 1/4 inch thick. It is shorter than my Aero D1 which is about a 1/2 thick. From 10 degrees Celsius to zero, you can wear it with a T shirt/light shirt with no issues. Below zero, a sweater might be needed. When it is in the minus double digits, I would wear my D1 or my down parka.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran