Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My latest Art Fawcett acquisition

D

demian

Art Fawcett said:
Thanks for posting the hat NB and also, I love the attitude. Thanks fo rthe kind words my friends.

I've never understood why undulge yourself by having an item made specifically for you, then not using it. My closest example is my car. So many of my friends had fits when they would see me drive the car to the grocery store ( 1932 Marmon model 8-125....one of only 5 known to exist) that it got annoying. I'd have to remind them, "It's just friggin a car!!!" It wasn't meant to by hung on the wall, it was built to drive. My hats, however different, are still just hats..meant to be worn.

Hello everyone:

Oddly, this is my first posting here although having been signed up for some time and a fervent follower.

I have learned a great deal here and truly appreciate it. Intended to reflect that with a post detailing my personal trials and steep learning curve searching and researching the fedora world for *the perfect* hat..

Will do so upon receiving my first fedora by Art...or vintage Borsalino refurbed by Graham...whichever comes first!

At any rate, Art, I knew you were a fellow after my own heart.

I have restored old Jaguars since highschool. My father was part of the Rolls Royce club for a time and all the old timers thought it so strange a young kid's favorite car was a '45 Bentley MkVI.

Anyway, I have always been a strong advocate of using those cherished "things" of ours, collectibles, etc...as they were meant to be used. Always..

I always admired the hell out of the guys in the Mille Miglia (for example) who raced across Europe in $1m+ classics, etc. As it passes here in Florence (Italy) it has become even more memorable and touching..

Drove all my Jaguars everyday as transport, even during restoration....oh the stories!!! ...and memories....

Anyway, congratulations on the hat. I took a moment to respond to of all posts as this one, as it touched my heart your method of choosing the hat colors.

My father, alone and recently not well, decided on the color of his bathroom after taking a shower and squishing 2 different shades of Ivory Soap together and bringing the lumpy mess to Home Depot to match the color for him! He's a character...

Thanks for taking time to post your hat. It really assists with color ideas.

Best,

Paul

univibe88

One Too Many
Your new hat is awesome and I love your outlook :eusa_clap

You should post a few pics to the Art Fawcett Hall of Fame tread also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails