Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My NEW Aero ACE Half Belt is here!!!

JanSolo

Practically Family
Great looking jacket! The fit is absolutely perfect and I really love the rich mid brown of the leather. The tartan you have chosen for a lining looks very good as well. Halfbelts have so much class!!
Enjoy your jacket.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
jimmer_5 said:
Seb -

The front is 23.5" from the top of the zip to the bottom hem.
The back is 28.5" from the top of the collar to the bottom hem.

Thanks! - Jim

Thank you, Jim. The jacket looks brilliant. Is it unusual for the front to be so much shorter than the back? I thought 2 inches was the norm. 5 inches seems huge. Not that you can see it - your jacket seems wonderfully balanced.

narwhale

New in Town
Seb Lucas said:
Thank you, Jim. The jacket looks brilliant. Is it unusual for the front to be so much shorter than the back? I thought 2 inches was the norm. 5 inches seems huge. Not that you can see it - your jacket seems wonderfully balanced.

I think most of the time the measurements are listed from bottom of the collar, where as in this case jimmer started at the top.

jimmer_5

Practically Family
JanSolo said:
Great looking jacket! The fit is absolutely perfect and I really love the rich mid brown of the leather. The tartan you have chosen for a lining looks very good as well. Halfbelts have so much class!!
Enjoy your jacket.

Jan - Thanks for your comments! Ironically, when I first opened the box I got really mad because I thought Aero had sent me a Black jacket (the li9ghting in my front room is poor). The brown was darker than I expected, but I do like it. As for the tartan, I have to thank my ancestors for adopting a good looking pattern (it's my family tartan, so I was very happy that it looked good in the jacket)

Seb Lucas said:

The 5 inch difference is because of the dip of the neckline in the front. When I measured from the top of the collar, the front measures 29" even.

jimmer_5

Practically Family
Tony No-Toes said:
Very nice. I like the additional length on that design a lot.

I should mention that I only asked for 1" extra in body length. I thought Half Belts were shorter than this, but I'm not complaining. I think the length is just perfect.

Tony No-Toes

One of the Regulars
jimmer_5 said:
I should mention that I only asked for 1" extra in body length. I thought Half Belts were shorter than this, but I'm not complaining. I think the length is just perfect.

Good to know about the extra inch. I like many of the Aeros with a bit of length. They sometimes look to short to me. How's the fit when you sit down with the jacket zipped?

Parkpiper

New in Town
Jimmer - Awesome jacket! I just love the look of the Half Belt! Just a quick question, you said that you wanted to add some length to the body to stop any ride up while riding your motor. Since you have had your jacket for a little bit, have you found that this was enough? How far up does the jacket ride when you have your arms out? I just want to make sure I have all my bases covered before I place my order!
Thanks!

jack miranda

A-List Customer
I can't add anything new, but, I'd be remiss

in my love of Aero jackets not to say, "It's a freakin' beautiful jacket!", and to encourage to wear the living bejeebers out of it. Thanks for the pics. You chose well, Aero built well. A winning combo every time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot