Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Aero Premier Highwayman in Badalassi Tobacco!

mvilla

A-List Customer
Hey guys!

It took me a few posts to get here, so first of all, I'd really like to thank whoever gave me feedback on the fit from the previous jackets I posted here. They were pretty useful for me to get my first custom made one.

I haven't been in this hobby for too long, but by what I've seen so far, I have a big crush on the Highwayman style, so I went with the Premier version by Aero.

The ordering procces couldn't have been better. I've dealt with Holly and Denny, and both were extremely patient with a lot of newbie s**t I threw to them. There must've been almost 200 emails in total (yeah, I can be a pain... sorry, @Hide'n'seek). They let me know what could work and what wouldn't, and accommodated all of my requests. I would recommend them to anyone who's looking for a nice leather jacket.

The leather I chose is the Badalassi Nappa Lux in Tobacco colour, which I think is a gorgeous leather. I had my experience with a few leathers on my boots, but admittedly don't know a lot about leathers for jacket. For now, however, I cannot think of any other brown leather I've seen that could look better on a jacket. It's not all roses though, I reckon. There is the famous issue: the squeak. And, oh boy, does it squeak... My leather couch doesn't squeak as much as my jacket. It doesn't bother me a lot (cannot say the same for my missus), and I feel it reduced a little since I started wearing it, so perhaps it may fade a little over time. Let's see!

For the aesthetic and hardware customisation options, I started considering the Universal zip, because they get good feedback from here. Nevertheless, I quickly changed my mind and decided to go with Hookless. I know they can be finicky, but as this is my first custom, I wanted to have something different. The lining is a Lochcarron in Fraser Hunting pattern. I went with the wild card option, but I feel I was very lucky with their pick. I wanted something with green accents, to go with the olive stitching. Still on the lining, I asked for an corduroy strip to be added to the hem, to avoid holes where the lining is in contact with the belt, and asked for the Highwayman label, plus a special placement for the Premier label. 1 inner pocket on the right hand side, so it won't stack up with the left hand side chest pocket.

On the fitting cutomisation, I asked for a narrower hem opening (about 1 size smaller) and a longer front drop (0.5in).

So, without further ado, here are the pictures. Let me know what you think!

20230511_191736.jpg
20230511_191633.jpg
20230511_191500.jpg
20230511_191126~2.jpg
20230511_191044~2.jpg
20230511_190718~2.jpg
20230511_190605~2.jpg

Last edited:

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Yes, that’s just about perfect. Super fit, and I absolutely love the leather (the squeak will never really go away; sorry!). What a beautiful colour!

I too am a big fan of the Premier HWM, and I believe it suits you to a “T”.

A very, very minor side note: never saw this label before. Not sure I’d prefer it over the usual suspects, but a nice twist for sure.

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Fantastic !...
I like the highwayman label I haven't seen that one before. The cord strip and the relocated Aero labels was also a nice touch, truly makes it yours.

mvilla

A-List Customer
Oh wow, thanks guys! It's pretty cool seeing many veterans that have some of the best fitting jackets I've ever seen commenting here. Getting a compliment from you really means a lot, thanks!

You absolutely nailed the fit, congrats.
Thanks! You were right about the back length, this has the same length as the goatskin one, about 24in. I feel it is spot on.

It took one goatskin fit jacket to get here and its well worth it. Looks awesome. Congrats.
It definitely was worth it! Having had the experience of handling a jacket made on the same pattern before taking decisions that would make this one unreturnable gave me much more confidence.

Yes, that’s just about perfect. Super fit, and I absolutely love the leather (the squeak will never really go away; sorry!). What a beautiful colour!

I too am a big fan of the Premier HWM, and I believe it suits you to a “T”.

A very, very minor side note: never saw this label before. Not sure I’d prefer it over the usual suspects, but a nice twist for sure.
Thanks, Tom! Really appreciate it.

About the squeak... Oh well... My mom always said we can't have it all, so I guess that I'll have to live with it hahaha

I like the label detail, but I totally get not everyone will think the same. I like this one is rarer to see :)

Fantastic !...
I like the highwayman label I haven't seen that one before. The cord strip and the relocated Aero labels was also a nice touch, truly makes it yours.
Exactly how I feel about it!

Hide'n'seek

One of the Regulars
I like the label detail, but I totally get not everyone will think the same. I like this one is rarer to see :)
I actually have this label in my Premier Highwaman.
Yours is looking great, glad we got there in the end. Remember the worst your Aero will look is the day you get it.

Attachments

• 20230512_100708.jpg
    20230512_100708.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 156
  • 20230512_100705.jpg
    20230512_100705.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 163

Mickiemac

One of the Regulars
Hey guys!

It took me a few posts to get here, so first of all, I'd really like to thank whoever gave me feedback on the fit from the previous jackets I posted here. They were pretty useful for me to get my first custom made one.

I haven't been in this hobby for too long, but by what I've seen so far, I have a big crush on the Highwayman style, so I went with the Premier version by Aero.

The ordering procces couldn't have been better. I've dealt with Holly and Denny, and both were extremely patient with a lot of newbie s**t I threw to them. There must've been almost 200 emails in total (yeah, I can be a pain... sorry, @Hide'n'seek). They let me know what could work and what wouldn't, and accommodated all of my requests. I would recommend them to anyone who's looking for a nice leather jacket.

The leather I chose is the Badalassi Nappa Lux in Tobacco colour, which I think is a gorgeous leather. I had my experience with a few leathers on my boots, but admittedly don't know a lot about leathers for jacket. For now, however, I cannot think of any other brown leather I've seen that could look better on a jacket. It's not all roses though, I reckon. There is the famous issue: the squeak. And, oh boy, does it squeak... My leather couch doesn't squeak as much as my jacket. It doesn't bother me a lot (cannot say the same for my missus), and I feel it reduced a little since I started wearing it, so perhaps it may fade a little over time. Let's see!

For the aesthetic and hardware customisation options, I started considering the Universal zip, because they get good feedback from here. Nevertheless, I quickly changed my mind and decided to go with Hookless. I know they can be finicky, but as this is my first custom, I wanted to have something different. The lining is a Lochcarron in Fraser Hunting pattern. I went with the wild card option, but I feel I was very lucky with their pick. I wanted something with green accents, to go with the olive stitching. Still on the lining, I asked for an corduroy strip to be added to the hem, to avoid holes where the lining is in contact with the belt, and asked for the Highwayman label, plus a special placement for the Premier label. 1 inner pocket on the right hand side, so it won't stack up with the left hand side chest pocket.

On the fitting cutomisation, I asked for a narrower hem opening (about 1 size smaller) and a longer front drop (0.5in).

So, without further ado, here are the pictures. Let me know what you think!

View attachment 516423 View attachment 516424 View attachment 516425 View attachment 516426 View attachment 516427 View attachment 516428 View attachment 516429
Truly beautiful jacket and the fit is 'you'!

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I actually have this label in my Premier Highwaman.
Yours is looking great, glad we got there in the end. Remember the worst your Aero will look is the day you get it.

Which hide is this, Denny? Definitely the label I'd get if/when I get a Highwayman as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner