Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Thedi X Thurston Phenix Quilted Cafe Racer

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It always amazes me that a jacket that beautiful is just going to keep on getting better. The best part of it is that the jacket will make you keep the weight off. Just remember: 1 beer = 1 pork chop.

Plumbline

One Too Many
Such a nice jacket ..... more 60's than 40's ..... but really loving the attention to detail from Theadorus :)

Superfluous

@Superfluous , you definitely need to place an order for this to complete your collection. :cool:

You're a trouble maker Fanch, fanning the flames of my addiction. I actually have two jackets currently in progress -- a GW Modoc and a Himel Frobisher. Let me spend a few minutes with these before I consider buying more crack.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
You're a trouble maker Fanch, fanning the flames of my addiction. I actually have two jackets currently in progress -- a GW Modoc and a Himel Frobisher. Let me spend a few minutes with these before I consider buying more crack.
Your Himel Frobisher is the gold standard of what we would all like to have; so no surprise your ordering another in a different color. JC's creations are nothing short of brilliant and am sure the Modoc will be no exception. Will your Modoc be made from Italian HH?

OK, back to the topic of this thread: This Thedi model is different from anything else and would not create excessive duplication, although I think I might prefer one of his plain models without the quilting if I were buying for myself. This quilted Thedi does look good though on the OP.

Radz108

One of the Regulars
Agree with the jacket praise. And very nice pics, too – someone knows what they're doing. Looks as though you used lights.
Thank you for the compliment on the photos It was a fairly cloudy day outside thus the lighting was more uniform and even making for good exposures. The indoor shots were taken with a bounced flash. All shots were then quickly edited for exposure, contrast and saturation in Adobe Lightroom.

While SF does have an impressive collection, they're all fairly similar: Black, black, black, brown, black, black, etc.
I suggest he go a little out of his norm here:
image.jpg

or maybe vary the design a bit
image.jpg

:)

Superfluous

While SF does have an impressive collection, they're all fairly similar: Black, black, black, brown, black, black, etc. I suggest he go a little out of his norm here:

My two incoming jackets are brown. I am not ready to explore colored leather. Moreover, as much as I love cross-zip/Perfecto style jackets on other people, I can't see myself wearing one -- it doesn't match my persona/style.

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
Couldn't fit any better. Great looking jacket.

I'm liking the Green jacket a couple of posts back very much myself too.

bluesforchallah

Practically Family
I have been wanting to get another horsehide jacket for a while. I got an Aero 30s half belt size 42from Thurston Bros 3 years ago and totally love that jacket. However, I lost quite a bit of weight since then and unfortunately I feel the jacket is at least 2 sizes too big for me. The body and arm length seem more pronounced as well since losing the weight. I am debating to keep it as a winter layering jacket or sell it off :) .

Anyways, I wanted to get a nice slim cafe racer type jacket to match my new physique. I contacted Carrie at Thurston Bros to see what was available off the rack that would fit my measurements (Height 5'6.5", weight 158lbs, Chest 39-40). I was initially looking at an Aero board racer in Vicenza size 42 on their sale page but I felt the arm and body length were too much for my frame. Carrie suggested their Thedi leather cafe racer and upon comparing my measurements with their size measurements, I opted to order the Thedi racer in medium (I wanted a slim fit and I didn't plan to layer with it at all)

After 1 week wait, the jacket arrived today and like many of you who had the privilege to own a Thedi Leather Jacket, I was totally impressed! The jacket feels lighter than my Aero 30s half belt but the leather feels almost as thick, but softer and more pliable. Carrie said the veg tanned italian horsehide is different from Vicenza but just as high quality and would break in and patina just as well. What impressed me more was the fit. It is snug but in no way restrictive and I feel it is arguably the best fitting leather jacket I have.

Here are some photos of me "modelling" it:

Well done. Beautiful jacket and great fit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo