Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Norshor leather NS2

sw709

Familiar Face
Hi all,

I'm not a big poster here, but I wanted to give a huge shout-out to Mark Fisher & Norshor leather. I currently own two jackets made by Mark (his most recent creation pictured below), and I can say that his work is absolutely top notch.

I own many leather jackets...Aero, Himel, Johnson, Buzz Rickson & many vintage...and Mark's work is right up there with any of them. In fact, it says something that with all of the jackets I own, my Norshor leathers are the most frequently used. Added to this is the customer service experience. Mark is a pleasure--with absolutely zero drama.

I know his brand doesn't get as much play as some others on this site, but if your looking for something different, and for a great customer service experience--try Mark.

Oh..and just a few things about my NS2.....

This is going to become my favorite jacket this fall. The fit is amazing (thanks Mark!). But more than that is the leather. It's called coventry tea cowhide, and it's awesome. The color, graining and feel is just something that I've never felt or seen before. It's comfortable as hell straight out of the box--practically no break in needed!

And then there's the drape. I've never had a leather jacket where I felt--or cared--how much the jacket draped, but this one does it just right. I've always been a big horsehide fan, but I'm smitten with this cowhide.

Sorry for the crap pics, but some are better than none. Cheers!
IMG_6143_zps0793661a.jpg IMG_6145_zpsac17932b.jpg IMG_6144_zps75258801.jpg IMG_6111_zps69bdc636.jpg

Plumbline

One Too Many
Nice .... it's got a bit of a "Goodwear" feel about it ..... what sort of price point and wait time are we talking about ( purely for comparison )

Wear it well .. looks great :D

schitzo

Suspended
Nice .... it's got a bit of a "Goodwear" feel about it ..... what sort of price point and wait time are we talking about ( purely for comparison )

Wear it well .. looks great :D

I was on their facebook page not long ago and then their website, and they are re-assuringly expensive shall we say. Actually, I suppose this one at $1100 is about the same as an aero or a BK. But I would guess that you might prefer the NS1 model Plum, which is an extra 300. Ouch

http://patricksegui.wix.com/norshorleather1#!collection/ckiy

Personally I quite like the look of the NS3, which is the cheap option. Wouldn't mind seeing one on a lounger's back first though

Btw, I should add that is one very nice looking jacket posted. If you're looking for a halfbelt this has to be a contender

Last edited:

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Great write up and review! And fantastic jacket and fit- congrats!

I can only echo your sentiments on Mark's craftsmanship and service. My d pocket Norshor is my go to as well :)

thor

Call Me a Cab
For us blokes in the States, a very good option for a premium leather jacket without the hassles or concerns over customs, import duty, VAT, international shipping, currency conversions, etc.

sw709

Familiar Face
Great write up and review! And fantastic jacket and fit- congrats!

I can only echo your sentiments on Mark's craftsmanship and service. My d pocket Norshor is my go to as well :)

Couldn't agree more. My other Norshor is an early D-pocket model in Russet Goat that Mark made a few years back when his brand went under the name of 'Superior Flight Apparel'. it's a beautiful model...slightly different than the current D-pocket he offers.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Great review and pictures. Having just reviewed the website, my preference is the NS2. Norshor is only presented infrequently on TFL and appreciate your sharing with us.

CBI

One Too Many
Mark made a jacket for me a year or two ago and the quality is about as good as any. Interested folks should seriously consider commissioning him.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Absolutely stunning jacket. All of Mark's jackets look absolutely beautiful but that one there is a real peach.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I must admit... I love the styling... choice of leathers and attention to detail. I'd like to see the jackets modeled so as to get a better idea of fit but that's their choice. Is it better to do a few models (3) very well or offer a wider variety? Is Norshor a "one man operation"? To the OP, great looking jacket and I love your outfit from top to toe. Outstanding.

Worf

sw709

Familiar Face
I must admit... I love the styling... choice of leathers and attention to detail. I'd like to see the jackets modeled so as to get a better idea of fit but that's their choice. Is it better to do a few models (3) very well or offer a wider variety? Is Norshor a "one man operation"? To the OP, great looking jacket and I love your outfit from top to toe. Outstanding.

Worf
Thanks for the kind words!

In my two times dealing with Norshor on different jackets, I've only dealt with Mark....and it was all via email & photos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot