Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Second Thedi Arrived- Mixed feelings

nickv

One of the Regulars
After receiving my first Thedi leather jacket in February this year, i was smitten by the workmaship and quality of the product , that i didnt hesitate to place another one on order in June. It arrived yesterday. Model MTC-127996 in black Canetto cowhide washed and waxed (same as @Jin431) ,with brass 2 way zipper,brass cuff snaps and brass side cinch strap buckle , and wool lining, and 2 removable collars, black and brown .Once again the quality of the work is outstanding.Fit feels great as like the first jacket..... BUT there is something nagging at me.
When i ordered the jacket i mentioned that i would like the back of the jacket at least half a inch longer in the length, as compared to my first jacket. They even requested me to take a pic of my first jacket with measuring of the back length, which i did and emailed for their production. The back length is exactly the same on both jackets, yet this jacket "Feels and Looks " shorter to me. Comparing pics to my first jacket the back looks shorter, I don't know? Honest feedback please, no sugar coating. Fit pics to follow.
700_0557.jpg
700_0535.jpg
700_0543.jpg
700_0549.jpg
700_0550.jpg
700_0551.jpg
700_0555.jpg

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
It's no illusion. It's shorter by at least 1.0 inch. If it were me I'd ask for 1.5" more to be sure (at least in the back, 0.5" would be fine in the front).

It is a gorgeous jacket however! That one piece back, the simple, refined style, and the Leather are all off the charts! However if you are not comfortable with it now, you may never be. It will not stretch in that direction. I would ask about re-making this jacket for sure.

Psant25

One Too Many
Looks great on you for sure! If you have that feeling about the length now I would see what options you have. A little length would be better to my eye. Looks great as is and you can certainly wear as is

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Beautiful jacket. Is it dysfunctionally short? No, but you did ask for a longer length, so yes. The proportions seem off, almost kind of square. Could be it just need some breaking in to let it hang better and round off some, but the shorter length would drive me nuts, especially after you flagged upfront.

I have pretty much the same jacket, different hardware and different leather I think. It's a weird fit for sure. Although mine has a really big front drop.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
It’s on the short side for my taste. I like when the jacket just about comes within a 1/2” to the top of my back pockets. For me that looks like adding about 1 1/2”.

Beautiful jacket though in every other way.

lf there’s one thing I’ve learned in my brief time here, is that if a detail nags at you right out of the box, it’s not going to go away.

This is a tough one. For me, I am far more forgiving on lengths with pre-owned or vintage pieces. Something like this, brand new, that literally comes up short would drive me nuts.
The tough part is that the jacket looks great. I’m also not sure something with a cropped waist like this will look any better any longer. I’m reminded of the sea of too long highwayman jackets I’ve seen (and personally spec’d one myself).
Frankly, I like it as is.

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
I like the way it looks. Has a trucker jacket look to it. Adding length to it might not make it look better. But it’s not what you ordered and it’s definitely shorter than the first jacket. Tough decision …
Edit : Just looked at the pics again…
Definitely would keep as is..
Looks great !!

Last edited:

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hairline, but a tad too short for my taste. But through the large front drop wearable.
I also have such a jacket and wear it only open, because the length is then good. But in the end, I then reach for the other jackets too often.
If it works, I would want to have a remake.

Last edited:

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
I really like how this fits on you including the length. I’ve been looking at this model myself for my second Thedi and seeing your pictures makes me want it even more.
But I like shorter jackets and that is my subjective opinion.
You asked for the jacket to be longer than your first one, and it definitely came out looking shorter. If you are unhappy about it, then you should ask Thedi for a remake. This is your jacket and it’s your opinion that matters.

Harris HTM

One Too Many
Honest feedback please, no sugar coating
  • Insane leather and grain.
  • Definitely shorter than the first one.
  • You asked for a longer one and yet you received a shorter one, I know that this would bug me and make the jacket unwearable for me - and I would end up selling it at a loss in a couple of months and ordering a new one.
  • I find it also too short.
  • Check if you can return it. This not what you paid for, right?

barnabus

One Too Many
It's beautiful and certainly the length is wearable and doesn't look ridiculously short. But it would be too short for my taste.

The key thing here, I think, is that you already have misgivings about the length. That means it'll never be your first choice jacket to wear, which means you'll maybe wear it rarely, then less and less.

Until not at all. Which is when you'll sell it, wryly conceding to yourself that it never was quite "right" anyway.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I’m also not sure something with a cropped waist like this will look any better any longer.

+1

Personally, I love the shorter length. The jacket as a whole is perfectly proportioned imo and the shorter length goes great with the style. This is exactly how I would spec a jacket like this.

But obviously, I really dig short jackets. Oftentimes when I show a new jacket here on tfl, members comment that they think it looks great but personally they would have ordered it a bit longer. Tastes differ. Most important is that you are happy with the length.

But it’s not what you ordered and it’s definitely shorter than the first jacket.
Hear hear. If I would have ordered 24" and I got 23", I would have been unhappy.

Last edited:

58panheadfan

One Too Many
This is a tough one. For me, I am far more forgiving on lengths with pre-owned or vintage pieces. Something like this, brand new, that literally comes up short would drive me nuts.
The tough part is that the jacket looks great. I’m also not sure something with a cropped waist like this will look any better any longer. I’m reminded of the sea of too long highwayman jackets I’ve seen (and personally spec’d one myself).
Frankly, I like it as is.

Perfect said and for me too, this Jacket can easly look too long by adding only 1/2“ in lenght…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24