Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Name the Actor...

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
wc+fields+and+Jean+Rouverol+in+its+a+gift+1934.jpg

The young lady lived for the better part of fifteen years as a political refugee in Mexico after her antifascist beliefs caused the FBI to come gunning for her in 1951. But she got the last laugh by outliving all her persecutors and died last year at the age of 100. She only made one film with the fat guy, but it was a memorable one.

"It's a Gift".
Don't recall her name right off the bat.
This is my favorite W.C. Fields film with so many memorable scenes.

Last edited:

LizzieMaine

Bartender
She was also a radio actress, and at the time the political police came after her she had a supporting role on "One Man's Family," which she was forced to quit when she fled to Mexico. When she returned from exile, she went back into serial drama as a writer rather than an actress, working for several daytime soaps in the 70s and 80s.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
She was also a radio actress, and at the time the political police came after her she had a supporting role on "One Man's Family," which she was forced to quit when she fled to Mexico. When she returned from exile, she went back into serial drama as a writer rather than an actress, working for several daytime soaps in the 70s and 80s.

Really young and vaguely remember the grown-ups listening on radio, a man's
voice announcing:

"This is One Man's Family"...

it was followed by organ music that was
a bit depressing. I don't know why.
I didn't get that feeling when I heard the
organ at baseball games.

Hint: Oscar winner in this movie.
View attachment 115180

3fingers clearly got it spot on. I just wanted to add that this is my favorite not-well-known Grace Kelly movie.

IMHO, "The Country Girl" is an underrated movie as she and Bing and William Holden kill it in a tightly scripted and emotionally impactful movie. Maybe it's the subject matter (spoiler alert) - the death of a child - but I don't understand why this movie isn't considered a classic up there with movies like "The Lost Weekend."

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Can you name the movie, director & all four actors?
Oscar.jpg

If you can name the camera, you deserve an Oscar !

(camera name brand was blacked out with tape on purpose by producers)
Screen Shot 2018-04-21 at 10.06.48 PM.png

Last edited:

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Thank You! Thank You! - I want to thank the Academy, my co-stars, and 2jakes!

(I also want to thank the guy who sold me one of those cameras (in mint condition) about three weeks ago...)

I would like to thank the guy who sold me this beauty.
It has the honor of being used in the opening of a movie.
IMG_4657.JPG

Can you name the movie which was made in 1990?
Screen Shot 2018-04-22 at 3.58.10 AM.png

Last edited:

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Can you name the movie, director & all four actors?
View attachment 115466

If you can name the camera, you deserve an Oscar !

(camera name brand was blacked out with tape on purpose by producers)
View attachment 115470

No idea on the camera, but this is Hitchcock's Rear Window, with Grace Kelly, James Stewart, Thelma Ritter, and "Perry Mason" himself, Raymond Burr. Based on a short story by Cornell Woolrich (or "William Irish," as he used that name a lot for his fiction).

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Matthew "Stymie" Beard, the finest comic actor "Our Gang" ever knew. He had a gift for dialogue and comedy timing that is truly remarkable considering that he was only five years old when he started, and was at the peak of his skill by the time he was seven. You'll look long and hard to find another child actor who was that good.

The little fella is Clarence Howerton, better known as the circus performer "Major Mite." The film is "Free Eats," from 1932.

Elsewhere on the Roach lot around the same time, these two characters were cutting up as Roach's own imitation Laurel and Hardy:

hot_spot_icon2.jpg

Both had long careers as solo comics, but as a team they went "pffffffrt."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari