Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Name the Actor...

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Too modern for me.

It's "The Trouble With Harry" by
Alfred Hitchcock.

Jerry Mathers is the kid.
He played Beaver Cleaver in
"Leave it to Beaver" 50s tv series.

So Lizzie, what was your feelings about
"Back to the Future" when it
aired at the Strand?

Btw:
Credit Doc Strange who got the title.

Last edited:
⇧ The first two Godfather movies and "Jaws," without putting a lot of thought into it, might be the only movies I am deeply passionate about that were made in my lifetime. There are many good ones that have been made, but those two (I'm sure I'm missing one or two more, but that's probably it) are the only ones that, IMHO, hold their own with my favorites from the '30s-'60s.

OldStrummer

Practically Family
The one on the left is easy. Name the actor on the right. Name the movie. Name the Director. Name the Author(s). Bonus: Name some of the musical talent.

zachariah%2Bboys.jpg

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Here's a fun couple you can no longer see except in fragments.

vit-103-gdob1.jpg

Oh Lizzie... you’ve set the bar a tad too high for us mere mortals.
As Commissioner I usually send out the “Lizziepedia” distress/help signal.
She has never failed us.
I can find it based on the photo and going on the search engine,
but that’s not the point.

Perhaps Mr. vitanola can provide us with his knowledge about things from
way back. Otherwise we are stuck in a stalemate. :(

OldStrummer

Practically Family
View attachment 114875
Zachariah
1971 electric western
Don Johnson ~ John Rubinstein.
“Country Joe & the Fish”...
G. Englund

Can you name the actors, movie?

Correct! Written by Joe Massot and The Firesign Theatre. It was because of those "four or five crazy guys" that I am aware of the movie (and have a copy on videotape). An early scene shows Joe Walsh playing a see-through plexiglas guitar. An awesome movie that only lost $1,435,000 (according to Wikipedia)!

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
73770-b777208d35ded037ec3d1bac4e91b6c9.jpg copy.png “Zachariah" has been labeled as first “electric western” 1971.
I tend to favor Morricone’s haunting “electric” sounds from Eastwood western
trilogies beginning in ‘65

Last edited:

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
That's Margaret Livingston convincing George O'Brien to croak Janet Gaynor in "Sunrise." Oh those wacky German Expressionists and their ideas about drama.

Here's a fun couple you can no longer see except in fragments.

vit-103-gdob1.jpg
Why, it's Winnie Lightner and Albert Gran in a still from "Gold diggers of Broadway". Gosh, I so wish that I could see Miss Lightner sing "I Want a Mechanical Man".

You know, at least some of us try to stick to the era... ;) but then that's easy if one ignores anything post-war.

So, who is this couple who appear to be preparing to canoodle on an amazing Davenport which is fitted with a Talking Machine in one arm rest and a Cellarette in the other?

Wife10.jpg

Last edited:

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
So, who is this couple who appear to be preparing to canoodle on an amazing Davenport which is fitted with a Talking Machine in one arm rest and a Cellarette in the other?

Bebe Daniels & Thomas Meighan
Wife10.jpg

That's Krazy Kat doll behind Bebe Daniels who’s getting ready to canoodle with Meighan who’s wearing some neat spats.
KRAZY_Fotor.jpg
Here’s another KK version circa 1920s.
Very-Krazy-Kat-doll-1920.jpg

"Forbidden Fruit" bottle is in this scene. ;)
Bottle.jpg

IMO...Gloria Swanson was miscast as the wife, but the "cat fight" made up for it.
42CA6AFD-AFD0-4514-B565-7C00EF0E86AF.jpeg

Last edited:

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
This would then be "Old Wives for New", a De Mille soaper with a shockingly modern plot involving adultery, divorce, murder, and a "happily ever after" ending where the adulterer and his paramour end up in each other's arms.

The lady in the photo is Sylvia Ashton. I cannot recall the name of the gentleman, but it is some Germanic thing with a "Von" in it, I believe.

I haven't seen this picture in YEARS. I wonder whether it is available in any digital format?

LizzieMaine

Bartender
wc+fields+and+Jean+Rouverol+in+its+a+gift+1934.jpg

The young lady lived for the better part of fifteen years as a political refugee in Mexico after her antifascist beliefs caused the FBI to come gunning for her in 1951. But she got the last laugh by outliving all her persecutors and died last year at the age of 100. She only made one film with the fat guy, but it was a memorable one.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24