Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need some opinions on this white DB jacket

Warbaby

One Too Many
I picked up this Jack Fraser jacket at the thrift shop last week because (a) I love the buttons (real MOP with gold-plated inserts), (b) it fits me perfectly, and (c) it was $1.50 on half-price day.

It's pretty flashy to my eyes and not the classic/vintage look that I usually go for (but at the price, I couldn't resist). Still, I like it (though my taste is sometimes open to question). I'm not even sure if it's stylish or declasse, outre, or just plain goofy. What would one wear with a jacket like this and where would one wear it?

Help me out here so I don't go out in public looking like a total fool (I don't mind looking like a fool, but my wife gets annoyed when people point and snicker).

j_linenDB1.jpg

j_linenDB2.jpg

jacket_white3.JPG

Hell, man, I'm no maven, but I can see that jacket going with all sorts of stuff. I'd even wear it with jeans, and let 'em snicker. If their own insecurities leave them needing to feel superior, I'd be happy to oblige. Really, I think it looks pretty darned good, and seeing how it fits you so well you'd be missing out if you didn't give it some use. And it set you back all of a buck and a half? Great score.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Warbaby said:
What would one wear with a jacket like this?
For trousers: Almost any shade of grey, blue, brown and of course black; in fabrics of wool, linen or cotton.

Warbaby said:
where would one wear it?
Wherever people will be well dressed. ;)

Warbaby

One Too Many
Wherever people will be well dressed. ;)[/QUOTE said:
Alas, I live where no one is ever well dressed. The only time one sees a suit or jacket and tie here is at weddings and funerals. Nothing but retirees in golf pants or shorts (ick!) and shaggy members of the local plaid shirt and pickup truck set. Consequently I dress well whenever I go out, just to make the locals wonder who I am and what I'm doing here...lol

OTOH, it's a great place for thrift shop finds because those old gummers are mostly Brits and they discard all their nice suits and ties when they retire here.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Are you kidding? Wear it anytime, any where the mood hits you! That's a great jacket, and the color's versatile - like others have said, dress slacks to old faded jeans. That jacket at that price and a perfect fit off the rack - you're fated to have it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran