Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NERD ALERT PART II

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Psst, Stan Lee is part of Marvel right, or was once upon a time? He was in one of the episodes.
Anyway, I jus took the what is your ability quiz on line and basically I am spider girl, I shoot webs. lol.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Suddenly Seymore!!

So, Sylar had a fit of consious and goes home to momma, who like all moms trys to say you can be so much more blah blah blah. I'm looking at her, looking at her, looking at her, keeping hearing a Marilynesqueness to her voice for the first few minutes, then can't stop hearing......"Suddenly Seymore is standing beside me, he dont give me orders, he dont condecend, Suddenly Seymore is here to provide me sweet understanding, Seymores my friend!"
Yup, so, it was a little hard for me to get past the Little Shop of Horrors connection there. But at least now we know why future Sylar masquarades as the President.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ehh........Monday's episode was so so for me. I would think these last few would/should be killer, and ripping off X-Men plots is pretty lame.
Funny how LOST is getting great again, and Heroes is getting silly.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Sylar Spoiler

So
now we know that Sylar survived that asskicking.
The actor got picked up for the new TrekMovie & theres talk about how he has to work out the schedule to do both Heroes & Trek.
So we might not see Sylar for a bit.
But with all the time hopping, theres always a chance that a characer could return in this show.

PA Dancer

A-List Customer
I watched the show last season and enjoyed it once they started getting on with the story.
The station is starting to air some repeats now, so I'm looking forward to watching it again.

flat-top

Well, after last season's finale, I hate to say I'm not DYING for this season to start. I'll be there of course. I AM anxiously awaiting LOST's return in Feb (ugh)!

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
SwordSaint

check it out
http://www.yamagatofellowship.org/

John Rhys-Davies will be narrating a 5 part webs series mockumentary for Heroes.
For more details, check this TVguide feature: http://www.tvguide.com/news/070827-01
070827int1swordsaint.jpg

Shearer said:
Useless knowledge. It's a curse, I tell you.
Not entirely--sometimes, you can get a research-and-analysis contract as a freelancer if you specialize in some niche field...

(Like my ongoing contract with a group of WWII naval-gamers about actual historical capabilities and ships involved in various battles, for one.)

But I'm going :eek:fftopic:...

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
I still wonder if Heroes will address that moment in Vegas when the girl was going to shoot Ando & Hiro. The bullet fired, then time froze, slug reverted back to the pistol, time resumes w/ the bullet misfiring.
And Hiro wasnt even sure if he had done anything....

Hope this show continues & doesnt have a sucky sophmore year.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Watched it on DVD.

Just finished Heros, and I must say, comic book logic aside (cause that is what was used), I felt cheated cause there was no great show down between the two most powerful characters. They hat TWO chances to have a show down, one in the present and one in the future, and we get nothing.

All in all I think the world got away from the writers. It got too big faster than I think they were ready for it, so there was so much filler and back story for stuff that didnt matter. Characters that seemed to be important at the start were pushed to the side for a tag line like "Save the Cheerleader, save the world."

You could cut down the show by a fill 5 episodes and get a cleaner and better story.

Most every action was predictable to a fault. I was not surprised by much and I really wanted to be.

And how to you use the great Richard Roundtree (lesson, opening credits can ruin the suspense or any show :p ) in the first couple of eps and not ever again until the last. Dead shmead.

LD

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
MrBern said:
Gee Lady Day, dont beat around the bush, how do you really feel?
;)

How I really feel? Okay ;)
I was hoping this would be a spin on comic book logic with a cemented dramatic twist, where the characters are not their powers but people (like in the first two eps that were so compelling). But nay to that. Sadly nay.

pretty faythe said:
Ahh haaa, but dead they are not........

Time travel, the safety net in any sci fi story :eusa_doh:

LD

flat-top

Lady Day said:
Just finished Heros, and I must say, comic book logic aside (cause that is what was used), I felt cheated cause there was no great show down between the two most powerful characters. They hat TWO chances to have a show down, one in the present and one in the future, and we get nothing.

All in all I think the world got away from the writers. It got too big faster than I think they were ready for it, so there was so much filler and back story for stuff that didnt matter. Characters that seemed to be important at the start were pushed to the side for a tag line like "Save the Cheerleader, save the world."

You could cut down the show by a fill 5 episodes and get a cleaner and better story.

Most every action was predictable to a fault. I was not surprised by much and I really wanted to be.

And how to you use the great Richard Roundtree (lesson, opening credits can ruin the suspense or any show :p ) in the first couple of eps and not ever again until the last. Dead shmead.

LD
I agree with you on a few points. That horrendous Nikki/ Jessica storyline could have been deleted altogether ( I hear this season it will be).
And the finale, while a showdown would have been waaay more satisfying, was more emotional I guess than anything. I can't fault them for trying to not be cliche, but sometimes you need some good old fashioned comic book action!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Not asking for a final shodown, but there was half a year to 5 years (depending on which timeline you used) to show us some spectacle of their powers. A bit of offensive action eye candy would have been nice.

They also "killed off" one of the most interesting characters. The radioactive guy, his name escapes me. Not so much for his power, but his character. He was just an interesting character.

The Jessica/Nikki storyline didnt even meet with the others until the near end of the season. I actually fast forwarded through some of that.

And cant a villan just be evil? Why do they have to have some sort of supressive past by a parent that just dosent understand them and have those emotions manifest into their present state? Syler would be such a great old fashioned villan withouth all the psycobable of a messed up childhood.

I guess what bothered be is that its getting raves by people who dont know much Sci Fi its such a differnet take on Sci Fi when its exactly the same thing you always see!

I just wanna go bck to the first two episodes. Those were great.

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn